• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 29, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Lost 90% of my population, gained a dragon. Not a total failure!

    Dwarf Fortress Lost 90% of my population, gained a dragon. Not a total failure!


    Lost 90% of my population, gained a dragon. Not a total failure!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    Ended up with a cool dolphin Island (The Nourishing Continent) using a custom seed

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    My militia commander got caught outside by an ambush of six goblins. Not being on duty he proceeded to batter three of them to death with the closest weapon at hand

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    My worst PTSD inducing story ( post yours)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Hi,

    My worst PTSD story will be from around 2010. Back then tantrum spirals were top of meta when comes to fortress destruction. Honestly I don't remember what caused tantrum spiral.

    Anyway, I tried to restore order to fort and few times I was very close to success but usually that one dwarf on edge of mental breakdown had to inhale miasma or saw somebody carcass in corner of dining room and here we go again.

    Instead of abandoning this sanity deprived hellhole I decided to witness it's demise to last dwarf. And I saw terrible things, I mean 'Event Horizon' shit transpired in those dark corridors.

    One moment that traumatized me into pausing and musing over what I just saw was like that: Still sane but thirsty and hungry mother with newborn dwarf is walking through something that was main corridor, now filled with decaying body parts and whatnot. Then from side corridor emerges another dwarf just in this moment leaving miasma cloud that caused him to go berserk. He start chasing poor dwarfen mother but stress caused by being chased caused her to finally snap and become melancholic. She drops her baby and wonders off. Berserking dwarf gets to her and with few frenzied punches caves in hers skull. Then he turns back and approaches newborn now orphan. Then mercifully cloud of miasma covers them before my eyes but it could not cover body parts being thrown left and right. Leg of this baby, then hand, head finally. Berserking dwarf then runs away into another corridor and I was looking at it all being glad that DF dont have 'triple A' graphics engine.

    I remember this to this day...

    submitted by /u/Qwicol
    [link] [comments]

    My dwarves aren't making metal ... now I know why

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    I have no source of rock-based coke, so I'm:

    • Making ash
    • Making charcoal
    • Making potash from ash
    • Attempting to smelt tetrahedrite

    I have an ashery, smelter and furnace.

    The work order for smelting shows as having all requirements met for next check.

    But one of the above assertions was wrong and I didn't know it for at least a year...

    My smelter had suspended construction for some reason and I never noticed. This is the danger of using work orders for everything. You never have to go look at your workshops!

    submitted by /u/Tyler_Zoro
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Me watching Kruggsmash: I love this game. So clever.

    Me playing DF: I hate this game. I can't even keep my fort from dying of thirst!

    submitted by /u/jocago
    [link] [comments]

    My naked, novice, ninja hammerdwarves just kicked an artifact thief to death, with their feet being stronger than their *silver war hammers*

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Fighting a were-giraffe

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    youtubers

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    anyone got recommendations? looking for people focusing on bigger fancier fortress designs. big halls and whatnot.

    submitted by /u/nrhn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment