• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I'm starting to understand the elf hate.

    Dwarf Fortress I'm starting to understand the elf hate.


    I'm starting to understand the elf hate.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Copperclad Dorf Veteran

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    The Beginning(Thanks Kruggsmash!)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    A Wereiguana refuses to bite, instead opting to glove-slap my scholar to death for 6 straight pages

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Strike the Earth!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Meph Tileset - Update for 47.04 :)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    Most Embarrassing TIL in Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    TIL you can select dig up/down Z levels.

    When I first learned about the caverns it took me forever to dig deep. I would go floor by floor making stairways. Tonight I was drugging on digging deep in a new fort and it hit me, "Hey, maybe I can make a staircase all in one go!?"

    I've been playing for years and I never thought to do my digging between Z levels. What's your most embarrassing Dwarf Fortress story?

    submitted by /u/SaltierStan
    [link] [comments]

    Complete newbie, never played, looking for advice

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Hi. I've been subbed here out of curiosity for a while but I've never played Dwarf Fortress. I've got some questions for you guys before I get started, but first a little background...

    I enjoy games like this, I think, assuming it has some similarities to games like Rimworld, Kenshi, Factorio, Banished/Life is Feudal:FV, even Sims, etc. From what I've been able to gather it seems like Rimworld took a lot of inspiration from Dwarf Fortress, and I absolutely love Rimworld.

    I've also always really enjoyed party-based RPGs going back to the original Wizardry, which I played on the NES rather than PC at that time, and it had better graphics than the PC version. Old PC AD&D games like Pool of Radiance, etc, were always really cool to me, and I've continued through things like Neverwinter Nights series and Divinity series.

    But even all of those older games have apparently better graphics than what I see you guys playing here. Frankly, when I look at your screenshots, I have no idea what I'm looking at and that concerns me. I've always been the type that chooses good gameplay over good graphics, but this ASCII-based stuff might be pushing it a bit.

    My questions:

    One... I think I've seen the occasional screenshot that seemed to have upgraded graphics? Can anyone explain what I was seeing and whether that's true Dwarf Fortress or something else? Was it a mod?

    Two... Simple question: do you think I'll like Dwarf Fortress? Why or why not?

    Three... What's the basic premise of Dwarf Fortress? Is it kind of like the Tribal start in a typical Rimworld game? Is it randomized/procedurely-generated?

    Four... Where should I go to get Dwarf Fortress? I gather that it's free from a website (I think), similar to the excellent Ur-Quan Masters in that way (was that random plug shamelessly obvious?). What about the graphical upgrade or mod or whatever, if that's a thing?

    Five... Anything else I should know?

    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to joining this cult.

    Edit: darn Reddit mobile and it's formatting issues with numbered lists. Fixed.

    submitted by /u/shapeshifter83
    [link] [comments]

    Plz stop trying to sell me ''Instant Strange Mood Pills"

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    I might have , rather unwittingly , just used used my own miner to destroy my cavern's entrance . Where I have drawn a red coloured box there once was a glorious strong pillar supporting the door to my fortress . Need help

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Necro siege ended months ago. Apparently I just have a permanent flock of quetzalcoatl now. They're all trying to bring about the end times through the sheer power of fornication.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Need Modding Help:Halo Energy Sword

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I need help creating energy swords that your dwarves can make out of gemstone and stand out enough to use instead of normal swords. Example Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71bsUNj%2BLVL._AC_UY500_.jpg

    submitted by /u/Koopaplayer0927
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment