• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Hammerer [OC]

    Dwarf Fortress Hammerer [OC]


    Hammerer [OC]

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    Tried my hand at drawing a Dwarf taking down a Troll.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    My beginner-fortress is still alive, thanks to stealing from the elves (was close to starvation)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    That is an awfully religious fellow, especially when it's a newly born baby dwarf

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    How do you feel about the Steam Version?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    On the positive side, I'd like to see renewed interest in the game. Maybe we'll get some newer wiki updated :P I will also purchase it to support Toady and the others work on it. I think that is important. I like variety. I think it is a good thing to work on the game chrome to bring those kinds of players that find it important. I'm also hoping for more and better tool tips and better search mechanisms.

    TBF, I don't have a lot of interest in the proposed updates though and predict I'll probably just keep playing the underlying version.

    1. I play ASCII. I just prefer that mode. Everyone once in awhile I'll try one of the graphics modes, but it really doesn't do anything for me.
    2. I hate using the mouse. I like using the keyboard. Much like I use VI as an editor. As long as we can configure things to our own liking, I'm happy.
    3. Everyone complains that Toady's UI work is terrible (even Toady in the past) :P What on earth makes anyone think he'll be better at writing a GUI? I predict an endless number of cascading windows and multitudes of mouse clicks to accomplish what could already be done before.
    submitted by /u/PolygotProgrammer
    [link] [comments]

    Woodcutter refusing to cut trees.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    I designated a section of forest for my woodcutter and despite holding an axe, he won't cut any trees.

    He wouldn't even pick up the axe at first, so I assigned it to his equipment loadout from the military screen, but he still won't use it for woodcutting.

    I tried dumping the axe and reclaiming it but nobody wanted to even move it to the refuse pile. I tried removing all other labors from my woodcutter and he just started sleeping and drinking. I tried assigning the woodcutting labor to many other dwarves and none of them want to do it.

    I must be missing something obvious. I'm playing on 0.47.04 if that helps.

    Edit: Issue solved thanks to /u/Bokaza1993

    submitted by /u/Decap_
    [link] [comments]

    /r/dwarffortressmemes LIVES AGAIN! Your source for high quality shitposting! Go celebrate it in style and welcome Twisted_-_Logic, your master of memes!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment