• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I somehow never noticed this in all my years...

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    This Night Creatures defies Fantasy tradition and is a descendant of both Elves and Dwarves.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    So I'm looking through legends viewer for my world, and it turns out that Dwarf Fortress procedurally, accidentally, made an almost perfect JoJo's reference

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    The item in question. First off, it's a steel ball, the name "Partneredleaps" can refer to the main characters Johnny and Gyro being partners as well as horses, y'know, leaping (bit of a stretch but bear with me). And "The Fears of Crucifying" could relate to how the whole story is ultimately about the mummified parts of Jesus Christ.

    Amazing, not even the random number gods are safe.

    submitted by /u/Nukesnipe
    [link] [comments]

    yo dawg

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    unicorn heaven

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Talking about the Steam graphical improvements

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    Well....it was FUN while it lasted

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    This might be the best combination of name and title I've ever seen

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    I just wanted to build a water cistern close to the hospital.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Here's the most brutally efficient kill I've seen in DF.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    A bit grim

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    So, long story, but this was the moment the regret hit...

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    So much rooms for activities: a volcano embark with a vulcano embark with sheer wall of 10+ z-levels next to it

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    CURSED CORPSE WARETAPIR!!!!!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Ok so I had this nice little healthy fortress with about 110 dwarves and entertainers.

    I just finished filling a major under ground cistern for a secure water supply during the winter freeze and my dwarves were beginning to dig as deeply into the ground as they could to try finding some better ores since dolomite was a little limiting.

    I noticed a commotion and that my citizens were stopping what they were doing due to a waretapir. To my horror when I checked found that I 6 of my dwarves were currently waretapir WAT!? Not only that but I had a dwarf who was missing that became a "cursed corpse" as well as was a waretapir.

    Is this even normal? I mobilized all of my dwarven soldiers against the cursed corpse waretapir immediately and watched in horror as it systematically ripped apart about 50 dwarves at some point the other waretapir dwarves were slaughtered too.

    Then then the dwarf reverted back to being simply a cursed corpse and wandered around collecting clay. At that point I realized the fortress was dead, and have been leaving it running watching the cursed corpse slaughter bands of traders and migrants as they stroll into my miasma filled main hall. The last wave of migrants said they have decided to brave this place even though they know it may be their tomb.

    I spend some time following a lone maimed dwarf child survivor who has been wandering back and fourth down the hall to play with a toy boat, util time finally caught up with it.

    WTH is this game even?

    I had a similar experience with my last successful large fortress of over 200 dwarves.

    I was confronted with a "Sandlord" Titan.

    I figured no big deal I'll just take him out with my army. WRONG, the dude was so OP he just wiped out all of my soldiers and livestock. Some passing traders finally killed it. At the end I had about 80 dead dwarves and 20 dead animals outside my front entrance.

    After I released my citizens from the burrow they were all so terrified and upset about the carnage that they refused to clean it up and started throwing constant tantrums, fighting and killing each other.

    At one point a child made a chest of dwarven bones and called it their family heirloom!

    That highly successful fortress wiped out because of an insanely OP titan and zero coping skills of the inhabitants to recover from a major slaughter.

    Is DF always this F'ed once you get a large population?

    This game is insane!

    submitted by /u/Spode_Master
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a lazy newb pack for 47 im on windows

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    I might be dumb but i just cant find one.

    submitted by /u/ILikeDeadMemesThanos
    [link] [comments]

    Idea Dwarf Heaven

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    Their is already a way for the dwarves to get into hell so why not heaven, the current idea is you build a tower at least 100 levels high and you will break through the clouds into Dwarf heaven where oar grows like trees and the rivers are filled with ale. However the heavens are guarded by angles the same kind that you come across in vaults and head right at you as soon as you take anything. How does this sound overall. I can't mod myself but this idea seems like something alot of people would have thought of.

    submitted by /u/Alifer25
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment