• Breaking News

    Monday, March 23, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Goblin Art

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    [PSA] Don't mess with the boss' drink.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    The Drunken Necromancer's greatest weakness: Poor Plumbing

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Necromancers can be rather frightening. Resurrecting sweet old grandma to punish you for not eating all her plump helmet biscuts, not smoothing her stones, not giving her your Legendary Bone Ring Studded With Birch she has strangely grown fond of. They also sometime like to party, really hard. I mean really hard. The guys are around the dead all day, they know their corpse will be brutally violated and desecrated when they die. That could lead anyone to drink.

    However, if you are worried that a drunken dwarf may piss off a visiting necromancer, enticing his wrath, fear not. I have a solution. So it turns out screw pumps create a lot more pressure than expected and if you have like 20 hooked up to a fishing pond/well that leads to your tavern your tavern starts flooding...very fast...like fast enough that sometimes the water from the river is too low to turn your water wheels fast. For whatever reason, if the necromancer is near the well when your pumps shut off he just falls in? I guess he was fighting the current and like a small child you try to keep a full leg away while avoiding the plague, once the resistance is gone they just plummet to a delightful death.

    So yeah, no more zombie sieges, no more evil plots, weaponize it to eliminate all would be spies in a truly dwarven fashion. Bonus: the dwarves don't actually see him drown so people aren't too traumatized

    submitted by /u/tremblinggigan
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing free 3D commissions during my isolation to avoid temper tantrums

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Because of the current situation with the virus I'm currently burrowed in my house for a couple weeks because of a cough. I've decided to practice my 3D modelling and am willing to do any commissions for free, just post your favourite artifact description in the comments and I'll make them when I can!

    Stay healthy, fellow dwarfs :D

    submitted by /u/ChernobylColeslaw
    [link] [comments]

    I like the attitude of this swordsdwarf

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    It is truly terrifying.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    What is the dungeon master purpose in the latest version? (47.04)

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Looking for mods and modpacks

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I've been recently playing DF vanilla, and enjoying it so far. My last fort lasted quite a long time, and I had the impression it was too wealthy and prosperous. I was thinking of a fresh start, with mods and more workshops, creatures, events, weapons... I am not very into crossovers and so, I just want to extend the DF experience and give it a fresh feeling.

    I've been browsing DFFD and found that most of the "major" mods come prepackaged with DF, some with DT, others with just DFH, other with graphics... Can I get, say Old Genesis working with What Lurks Below? What modpacks o you use? I've also seen Masterwork DF around, is it worth trying?

    Thanks y'all bestards!

    submitted by /u/vibranda
    [link] [comments]

    Using the DF worldgen to create a D&D world

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I've DMed a lot over the years but never actually sat down to write up a world of my own. I have a ton of ideas for it, but when it comes to history and geography, I figured, why not make use of this super powerful tool? Problem is, though, I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for in such a map.

    Have any of you out there done it, and if so, how was your experience? Did you feature one of your forts or characters on campaigns? What kind of cool events and locations did you end up having?

    submitted by /u/Solid_Snakek
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress roundtable just published Episode 26: It's been a whole year.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Uh-Oh

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Oh jeez! Oh no! Why are you writing!? Stop!!!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Victim of la chancla

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Ideas for a fortress

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    So, I am not playing that much dwarf fortress, but maybe it's a good way here to gather a few interesting fortress ideas/goals and put a nice story together!

    So, here is mine for the current game (fortress mode): I am trying to build a huge tower full with books. The entrance should be a long hallway. It will be a little "Zickzack" with ballistas and beehives (I know they are useless, but it's quiete funny) and the soldiers are 2 or 3 z-levels above equipped with crossbows.

    And now your turn: enter here your ideas for a "engineering fortress" (no nukes allowed) and maybe a little storie for the fortress!

    I want to practice drawing and playing dwarf fortress and I am a real life engineer, so this is probably the best way to combine! Help and share is the best method.

    Thanks, Hunter

    submitted by /u/Hunter_7777777
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment