• Breaking News

    Monday, February 10, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Fortress Friday☼


    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    People say that the world gen map is hard to read. I dunno, seems pretty straightforward when looking for somewhere to spend the night.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:03 AM PST

    Release Legends Viewer 1.20.01

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:09 AM PST

    And this is how the riots of Cloisterroots began

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:49 AM PST

    Never change, DF.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Duckpack 0.47.02 v2 now with DFHack

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Nicest community ever

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:31 AM PST

    This might be a little off-topic, but have you people noticed how nice and polite the entire DF community is? I have never ever seen anyone fighting or being rude to each other which is a stark contrast to many other game communities out there. If you ask a question you can be sure that numerous people will come and help you out. I don't have any other example of such a great community, but I really wish there were more people around me that played DF.

    submitted by /u/Morbidcornpop
    [link] [comments]

    Read the DF changelogs if you're bored:

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:23 AM PST

    144 small worlds in a single image - 8192x4618 - 11MB (parameters in comments)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:01 AM PST

    PSA: Please update the wiki with everything new you find

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:45 AM PST

    As of late the wiki has been a bit moribund, but this should be changing with all the new stuff to document. Here's a few reminders:

    -You don't need an account on the wiki to edit it (only to create pages)

    -You don't need someone's permission to edit the wiki, just do it and write what you know

    -You don't need your edits to be well-structured or super well written. Someone will eventually go after you to clean things up

    -If you see something that you know to be wrong, don't hesitate to correct it

    -Don't say "as of the newest version" or anything similar because it's assumed the wiki should always be talking about the newest version by default

    -There's been a bit of a concerted effort to consolidate the wiki pages that have been lacking in the past few years, the link is here (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175214.0). It should serve as a helpful guide as to which pages/topics should be prioritized

    -Add screenshots if you can. It's much more helpful to see what the game features actually look like, rather than abstract "you can do this" sentences.

    -When in doubt, look up posts by Toady (devlogs and forums, especially FotF posts). Copying and pasting whatever he said to the relevant section does the trick

    Let's get to it, Urists

    submitted by /u/urtherist
    [link] [comments]

    Necro towers need capped based on world size.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:17 AM PST

    After only 250 or so years of history a small world has upwards of 15 active Towers and 5 or so abandoned. I think for a small world any more than 3 is a bit overkill.

    submitted by /u/J4SNT
    [link] [comments]

    Captain_Duck streaming Dwarfort 0.47.02 - DFHack is back

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:03 AM PST

    https://www.twitch.tv/captain_duck

    After stream is over i will upload the VOD to youtube and post a link here.

    submitted by /u/captain_duck
    [link] [comments]

    My fort was supposed to be a tightly managed operation, but all hell broke loose!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Backstory: I made a fort I really liked, it was centered around books and research.

    The most popular scholarly topic for the dwarves was "The Pulley", with scolars constandly pondering the pulley and dwarves reading books about it.

    Helas, I at some point notied my fort was the last one in my civilization, and inquired.

    Turns out my civ was at war with goblins with a 10.000+ population pit.

    And some of the sites from my civ they took over, well there were full of pulley books, that I thought I needed to reacquire, in order to make my fort a center of thoughts on the pulley.

    I felt secure, with a nice drawbidge and a bunch and traps, so i sent some depressed dwarves on a raid to a dwarven fort taken over by 20 goblins as a sort of test run. If they didn't get anything it was fine if they got killed, and I thought maybe some exitement would get them out of depression.

    Helas, FTP claimed my fort before I learned what became of the raid. 300+ population and urban sprawl design.

    I retired the fort, judging the dorks were fine as it were, and thought I'd made an adventurer to help get the pulley-books.

    Adventurer mode didn't work out for me, so I retired that guy as well, and made a new fort right next to the old one.

    This one was going to be a sort of special ops base, centered around military discipline, weapon/armor production, defense and raiding. I was going to raid and get the books and then somehow get them to the bookish fort after that.

    About a month of game time had passed between retiring the old bookish ort and starting the new special ops one.

    I get some visitors, and recognize the rhinoceros crossbowwoman (!) that had joined my old fort, plus Zuglar, the macelord. "How nice of you to visit!" I thought, and checked out tmy old fort in the civ screen - and now 4000 goblins lived in the my old fort, and the civ doesn't exist anymore.

    They visitors must have been refugees searching for a new place to stay, came to check out my fort, and then decided to move on. At least it means some of them made it out - a nearby dwarven fort also went from 300+ to 400?+ (within a month) so I guess many of them got out and went there.

    So Ok the gobbos myst have captured the depressed dwarves, learned the location of my fort from them and sent out a HUGE army, that was probably on the way when I retired it. Dang I didn't expect them to react so strongly.

    My special ops project change into a goal of eradicating the 4000 goblins and get the fort back. I plan to raid them and then have loads of death traps ready for the invadors, and in this way eradicate their civ from the face of the world.

    The new fort gets set up to get ready for sieges.

    I take care to have almost nothing outside. Just 2 hunters and a plant gatherer, pasturized grazing animals that double as watchposts, and the depot is outside, right next to the only starcase that can be blocked with bridges. Seems like I can hole up in case somebody comes, and I figure a thousand gobbos can come at any time.

    Then new migrants arrive - like 15, and at the same time the elf cararan shows up.

    I don't have enogh booze and beds and it gets hectic. Lots of stuff going on. The new migrants are still running across the map, the new grazing animals are getting pastured, the broker is in the depot and the dorks are onloading trade stuff, dorks are cutting trees to get wood for a lot of new beds. But Ok, it will work out.

    Exactly at this point.

    The ONLY point when I am vulnerable ...

    a **** were lizard shows up, and attacks dorks, elf merchants and animals.

    Mayhem breaks loose! The werelizard kicks a donkey unconcscious, dorks and elves get killed. It's a total mess with newly arrived spinners and threshers donkeys and alpacas jumping into the battle, before the soldiers can come and kill the werelizard.

    As a result I got 5 dorks infected with werelizard virus - plus the surviving ELF MERCHANT got bitten as well :)

    The other elf merchant got killed byt getting his arms ripped off, so I guess this means I am also at war with the elves now?

    Not sure if I should kill the werelizard-elf merchant or let him return if he can?

    I can't oversee to deal with two wars plus elven werelizards, if he infects their place.

    And I guess the war with the elves as well is a done deal since the other guy is dead? Should I kill him?

    tl;dr Randomly I am now at war with 2000 gobbos plus an elf civ plus have 5 werelizard dwarves, and all I got to deal with it is 20 rather unskilled dorks :) All this stuff happened before I even got around to building an ashery :) AND ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TO PONDER THE PULLEY IN PEACE!

    This game is so nuts. It's the first game I tried that it feels like you really do not have much control over what happens. :)

    submitted by /u/Orange-of-Cthulhu
    [link] [comments]

    [Unofficial] Windows64 DFHack + TWBT build for 0.47.02

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:43 PM PST

    I recently posted about having updated TWBT for 0.47.02 on Linux. I decided to also update it for Windows in case anybody is interested in this and does not want to wait for an official release:

    https://i.imgur.com/TnzZ0wf.png

    You can find the build on my GitHub post, just pick the archive with "windows" in its name: https://github.com/nshcat/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.02_unofficial

    Please beware that this is highly unofficial and might be unstable, so please save your game often!

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/nshcat
    [link] [comments]

    This dwarf has killed 102 trolls, in world gen

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Competent Misc. Object User Monster Slayer, at your service! ...She came here with this piece of craftmanship. She wielded this on a meeting, petitioning to eradicate monsters. Doing well so far.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:01 PM PST

    At one point, my world had FIVE simultaneously alive bronze colossuses.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

    The old 'Macedwarf VS Hammerdwarf' argument

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 06:11 PM PST

    Wtf is wrong with you Hammerdorfers!? On the military screen Hammerdwarf abbreviates to some variant of 'Hammrdwrf' while Macedwarf abbreviates to 'Mcdwrf or Macdwrf'.

    Idk about you but this compels me to immediately draft every Urist I have so I can fulfill the squad goal of 'Urist Mcdwrf's <3

    submitted by /u/StrongerReason
    [link] [comments]

    Normally I wake up and scream in regular terror, so I guess this is better?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:13 PM PST

    Getting the pixel-art itch again. I might take requests.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:10 PM PST

    c'mon man at least try

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:18 PM PST

    This was my first migrant in a fresh fort.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:21 PM PST

    Dwarf Fortress user preferences Survey - February 2020

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:04 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment