• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 28, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress You know I've spent forever trying to get dwarves to get beyond passing acquaintance, and I did it. We achieved: HATE

    Dwarf Fortress You know I've spent forever trying to get dwarves to get beyond passing acquaintance, and I did it. We achieved: HATE


    You know I've spent forever trying to get dwarves to get beyond passing acquaintance, and I did it. We achieved: HATE

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Terrifying thing that can actually happen in the new update.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:34 PM PST

    You know how giant sponges have had the exotic mount tag for awhile even though nobody uses them as mounts cause they are aquatic only. The new update is letting necromancers use undead animals as mounts the sponges will finally be ridden into battle and we should all fear what comes next.

    submitted by /u/DwarfsMatter
    [link] [comments]

    A tribe of 64 sasquatches guarding the shrine of a forest titan.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Legends Mode Drawing of Sanene - A huge feathered ceratopsid

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:28 AM PST

    A vile force of (elvish) darkness has arrived!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:44 AM PST

    When is DF planned to be release on steam

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:40 PM PST

    Is there a release date at all?

    submitted by /u/not_fake_am
    [link] [comments]

    This is getting out of hand.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:56 PM PST

    Looking for a script that turns Dwarf Fortress tilesets into fonts for playing DF through a terminal.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:21 AM PST

    After a lot of googling it turns out there was one called df2ttf found at http://kmkeen.com/df2ttf/ but the website is defunct. I was hoping someone had a copy of the script or something that does something similar.

    submitted by /u/varenimailfile
    [link] [comments]

    What will you do first when new update comes?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:52 PM PST

    Alternatively, if you are waiting on a third party tool or other condition before you start playing, what exactly are you waiting on? I can barely interpret the raw ASCII and get by without a graphics pack, and I can make do without dwarf therapist for the first few years before the population gets too big, so I'll be able to try out a few of the features right away...

    I am most excited about browsing through legends mode to see what stories unfold with all the new villain and religion and guild stuff, but I am pretty dependent on Legends Viewer so I might have to wait till that tool is updated...

    For Fortress Mode, I am curious if priests and guilds will ameliorate the problems stress causes the game. I might try making a temple heavy fort just to test out how priests function

    For adventure mode, I am thinking I'll make a world with lots of necromancy secrets and then go looking for necromancer experiments.

    For reference, complete list of changes coming with villain release

    submitted by /u/scruiser
    [link] [comments]

    Mist from an aquifer

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Last night, I spent several hours working up an elaborate tavern area with 10 double pump-stack mist generators drawing from an aquifer and dumping back into it. The naive idea was that aquifers can both produce and absorb unlimited water, so it should be fine, right? If I needed to shut it off, my dwarven power plant had drainage channels that would flow any water back down into the aquifer.

    As useless migrants piled up, danced, and drank, I mono-maniacally focused my two mechanics on the construction and on issues with getting enough power for the whole assembly. When I finally turned it on, I discovered my ten mist generators turned the tavern into an unstoppable drowning chamber for the useless half of my fort, because the dwarven water wheel cheese can't be stopped with drains, because the pump prevents any water from hitting the ground and draining.

    So, success?

    Turns out aquifers produce water faster than they drain it. *sigh* So anyway, does anyone have a good design for a mist generator involving water sourced from an aquifer?

    submitted by /u/Valdrax
    [link] [comments]

    Uhh...

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:53 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment