• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 5, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Human Fortress of Iralpethit, currently with 235 inhabitants

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:53 AM PST

    Forgotten Beast Akru Dorku

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:11 AM PST

    R2 bout 3

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:10 AM PST

    A human baby has arrived

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:51 AM PST

    So I don't know how or when, but at some point a human baby showed up in my fortress. The baby isn't related to any of my human poets and, in fact, is not even a citizen of my fortress.

    So at some point it managed to fall, miraculously unharmed into the caged cyclops pit, which is where I first found it.

    I deconstructed one of the walls to allow the baby egress, but when I came back to it, it was still in the pit but now surrounded by blood. I figured the cyclops swiped at it through the bars, but Hehan Atraruni Atir Daze has no new events in her combat log.

    The baby's combat log has a lot of 'force of the impact' so presumably the baby crawled up the staircase of the access stairwell and then somehow fell back into the pit, mangling one of its arms.

    How can I encourage my dwarves to retrieve this strange baby? Should I? Will it survive its juvenile stage if I simply allow it to be raised by the cyclops?

    submitted by /u/Getseriass
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress Overclocking Scaling

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:18 AM PST

    Hey there, I did some simple tests to see how memory overclocking as well as cpu overclocking affected the game. So far I've taken a public world, Boltclaw, and have been using it to test calculation fps while paused.

    .

    As you can see here, I gained about 6 calculation fps from going to 5.4ghz from 5ghz using Intel Turbo Boost. (16 hours Prime95/Realbench stability tested)

    https://imgur.com/a/QvoiiH7

    I also have some unscientific data where I let the world play until it settled onto an fps number after 10-20 seconds:

    https://i.imgur.com/K22vF4c.png

    .

    Overall, I gained about a 13% performance boost from overclocking my processor and memory to the maximum, with 10%~ being more feasible.

    .

    Specs:

    CPU: 9900k(Various frequencies in the post)

    RAM: XMP 3733 cl17 32gb / OC 3600 cl14-19-19-36-485-65537

    1660 ti (Almost irrelevant)

    Some more things I would like to test is how ring ratio affects DF's performance and tweaking different memory settings.

    submitted by /u/Krunkkracker
    [link] [comments]

    Been trying to get into it

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:38 PM PST

    The title says it all im having trouble about getting into this game even though I really want to. I think the main reason is that I will waste time and it wont be enjoyable at all.

    Do any of you guys have similar experiences and how you guys broke through this mental block

    submitted by /u/loosenoose666
    [link] [comments]

    Rough Banner mockup

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:59 AM PST

    Custom Arena Layouts

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:33 PM PST

    The Object Testing Arena isn't a huge part of the game, but there's a lot of fun to be had through staging tournaments, setting up crazy scenarios, and generally just watching as a bunch of nameless characters beat each other to death for your own amusement. If you haven't already checked it out, you really should! If nothing else, it'll help you get a better feel for how adventure mode combat works.

    However, while the default layout has some interesting set pieces, I've noticed that not a lot of people have taken advantage of the fact that you can edit the arena's layout. There are a few tools people have made to edit the layout including Urist Vespasian, but there aren't many actual custom maps available online that I've seen.

    Consider this just a little PSA, because if anyone has any custom layouts they'd be able to share, I'd love to see them!

    submitted by /u/augster137
    [link] [comments]

    how is this thing still alive

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    Oceans of two biomes at different heights - anyone else experienced this?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:16 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment