• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 21, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress [Kruggsmash] Dwarf Fortress Short Forts: Skullhorror #5, Howls in the Dark

    Dwarf Fortress [Kruggsmash] Dwarf Fortress Short Forts: Skullhorror #5, Howls in the Dark


    [Kruggsmash] Dwarf Fortress Short Forts: Skullhorror #5, Howls in the Dark

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 03:33 AM PST

    What a great game.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 11:04 AM PST

    So for the longest time I avoided this game, simply because other people said it was complex as hell and hard to get into. About a week ago I finally decided to give it a try and I've got to say, it's not nearly as bad as I thought.

    Sure, the UI is a bit of a mess sometimes and there are some mechanics that you have to learn first to actually be successful, but for the most a lot of it is just common sense. Need things made out of stone? Mason's Workshop. Need wood objects? Carpenter. Some of your citizens are bored and unhappy? Get some entertainers and build a tavern to let them drink and socialize, and so on. It just makes sense. The UI itself and associated problems are pretty much solved for me with tile sets (and the LNP), and the rest is extremely easily googled. Seriously, the community for this game is incredible for how easy they make it to find information on pretty much any topic you could think of.

    I've already sunk days into this game building my fort which has almost been around for 3 years now, and it's a blast. So far my major fear is that I'll get smashed by elves because I accidentally traded them goods in a wooden bin and now they are pissed at me.

    Anyways, I genuinely hope more people try this game, because it's seriously not as inaccessible as it's made out to be and it's insanely fun to mess around in.

    submitted by /u/noit69
    [link] [comments]

    My freshly appointed Sherif & Hammerer on my newest embark! Oh wait...

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 01:32 AM PST

    I understand now

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:45 PM PST

    Today i got DF and tried adventure mode i started as a human outsider and got eaten by wolves my first night. It was fun

    submitted by /u/MeepMeep04
    [link] [comments]

    A passive demon

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:09 AM PST

    Odd little occurrence, but I'm raiding a goblin dark fortress but the master, a demon, seems to have slaughtered the lord, and is passive. on top of that, he fears death. whatta think I should do with him.

    submitted by /u/Zarthenal
    [link] [comments]

    Today in Dwarf Fortress.. MY FIRST LETS PLAY!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 10:14 AM PST

    when the world is on fire but ya won't let it let ya down.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:46 PM PST

    Changing Attribute Cap for Humans

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 08:44 AM PST

    I know it's in Raw files folder in Creature_standard file. The problem is there is no PHYS_ATT_RANGE for humans because they average(1000) in every attribute. How to change the Cap for human attributes? And will it have an effect on other creatures who use average? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/HopeBr0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment