• Breaking News

    Friday, November 22, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    BF - Standard issue

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:52 AM PST

    Pesky elves encounter my dragon airlock

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:59 PM PST

    DevLog 21 November 2019: "Everybody saw this happening, but nobody did anything, because the improved justice system is coming soon!"

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:35 AM PST

    The New Face of the Workers Revolution

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 07:23 AM PST

    I found that getting rid of stressed dwarves through exile doesn't work as they pop up at my next new fort, go berserk, and kill dwarves I actually like!

    So, our system is to take our "volunteers" train them for 6 months with a hammer and whatever scrap is left from the goblins, and send them to liberate a local area from the er...wildlife and rule it!

    They win? Great! They die? Great!

    I also entirely run my dwarven industry via the manager tab and this is where things get fishy

    TL;DR: Dwarf starts workers revolution, the elite try to silence him, he survives and goes to enlighten some elves.

    Domas the fisherman: Mentally unwell, not volunteered to the military because I like having fishermen as my version of hunting dog stealth detectors. Well. My mistake! He entered a fell mood and ran to a tanner's shop! He immediately killed his manager and used her bones to make a scepter(I see your symbolism Domas)

    I'm mad and I convict Domas of about 20 crimes of other past dwarves, and the guard who finds him beats him so brutally he himself is horrified at the sight of Domas! They don't even let Domas heal before they throw him in prison for who knows how long and I move on expecting him to be taken to the tombs without my knowledge!

    two years later I see Domas walking around the fort though! He is perfectly healthy mentally and physically excepting some scars! I can't let this go! Domas volunteers for the military. They get a month to train. Only half strength squad with one man ready to go berserk anytime! There isn't enough spare gear to fully equip them

    I send them to the nearby forest retreat because the locals keep sending 40-60 warriors riding flying giant firefly

    Somehow of course Domas pulls this off. After a polite discussion with local rivals he becomes the ruler. Right smack in the middle of the elven empire! He leads the forest to its population cap and massacres the other nearby elves pretty regularly while his place stays prosperous!

    I fear we haven't seen the last of him, and I fully expect an army of giant fireflies to invade with Domas leading it.

    submitted by /u/WarriorofArmok
    [link] [comments]

    You had ONE job.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 08:39 AM PST

    Embarked on a Volcano, decided to try harnessing the magma like so. The magma will fill these chambers using levers and Obsidian Doors, then the level above will house the Magma Workshops.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:45 AM PST

    Me fighting a bigger man

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 08:22 AM PST

    A beautiful artifact I would like to share

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 10:45 AM PST

    The Humans learned that day why the dwarven fort is called "Umidsazir" (FallBridge)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:11 PM PST

    can you get a dwarf prophet

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 10:53 AM PST

    can a dwarf become a prophet, like jesus/sidhartha gautama and start a religion based on their story?

    submitted by /u/ThurmanatorOmega
    [link] [comments]

    My first semi-successful fortress! :D havent had much *fun* yet, though...

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PST

    Best thing I've ever achieved so far. Human, Elf, Axe and Bard at a Tavern with Dwarven children, Tavern Keeper singing. Was a nice fort.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    Ecumenopolis Planet

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 07:02 PM PST

    So, I've been thinking: What would be the best parameters, with a no population or site cap world, to have a world covered in cities and sites and stuff? I honestly don't know, but I suspect that the best conditions would be ones with lots of plains- humans and goblins would probably thrive the most in these environments. Alternatively, does anyone know how to make a world that's just one big world covered in nothing but goblin sites? That would be a fun adventuring challenge.

    submitted by /u/FedashMadhas
    [link] [comments]

    Square ASCII in text mode? (SSH)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:59 PM PST

    So I've been playing DF via Amazon Lightsail instance recently using mosh. No LNP and no tilesets is something I can live with, but I just can't stand looking at my riddiculously rectangular 1x1 embark site. Is there any reasonable way to use square font in text mode?

    I'll be honest - idk if it's more DF, Lightsail, Linux or mosh related question. All I know is that I want to play Dwarf Fortess like a gentleman, and I seriously need help. I am desperate here.

    submitted by /u/Gloirin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment