• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    BF - Pantheon part 2

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:31 AM PST

    My wonderful wife finally made me a legendary phone case!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:15 PM PST

    I've just created this pocket world, because at work my laptop sucks a lot, and i already love it!! It was been a while from my last game. Give me some luck!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:13 AM PST

    Every f****** time...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:39 AM PST

    Short text about my glorious comeback to this game

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:12 PM PST

    I must admit it, I left doflandia for more or less one year due to too many FPS death issues with my fortresses, which pissed me off in no time due to time and effort invested in those. But, with much of my concern, I discovered that I could simply turn off the dwarf cap from 200 to 100 and solve any problem like that. For now it worked pretty much fine, let's hope that it would stay this way for as long as possible. Anyway, back to my fortress. I decided to embark on a volcano this time, something which I never really tried too much due to my fear of ending with no wood or drinkable water. The world I got was generous with me: volcano inside a thick forest, but still no water at all. "Let's see how it works" and it all started. 7 dwarves, classic deployment with all regular stuff. Decided to call their new home "Firebearers" and already got a blueprint of the project in my mind: a 30 z-layers tower over the volcano, with the lowest level composed by magma smelters and forges, then a memorial hub which contains burial reciptacles and also hosts the main entrance, a tavern with a food stockpile and some greenglass windows, administration and lower nobility rooms, another tavern with clear glass windows and no food stockpile this time (this one is intended to be more for recreation and dancing), military barracks, another entrance that will let my military to hit the sieges in the back ranks, a 2-z levels library, higher nobility rooms and still had to decide everything else over those rooms. Steady as it goes, I started with digging all the stone I could find and got quiet a number fo diorite. Started to build a nice base shape and started also to resize it. A cave in occours, 3 dorfs straight into lava. Down to 4, lost a farmer, a carpenter and a hunter. Fortunately no miners involved, no picks lost and soon after I got the first migrant wave. 4 dwarves came, not bad. "Keep digging, my sweet alcoholics". I set a pasture zone in front of the front gate and put there also a bridge; if any werebeast comes, it'll get my sweet sheeps and not any dwarven vine addict. In fact, soon after, a weretortoise decided to come say "hi" and got one of my sheeps. Poor beast, was one of my favorite (jk). Back into my massive project, 2 years passed doing pretty much the same: building and digging, digging and building. Remember those dwarves which decided to swim inside the way too hot porridge? One of them came back as a spooky boi and decided to twist one leg of my bookkeeper, tearing it apart. Ouch. Memorial slubs and let's forget about this little accident. I did, but the bookkeeper did not. He got depressed, laying in front of his office. Fortunately, a couple of seconds before, he got expelled with another bad mooded dwarf. At this point I was around 65 dwarves and the project was going kinda straight forward: the first 3 layers was ready, started doing some bars and brewing drinks. While I was digging, I found also a small subterranean lake, which got instantky linked to a screw pump in order to get at least some drinkable water for my hospital. Now I'm up at 100 dwarves, with 5 years of history already played, and now my project consists in taking as much wood as I can get and seal myself inside the mountain, training for the gobbos invasion. Love this game once again.

    submitted by /u/MrLelito
    [link] [comments]

    Oh hey, I also made a DF RPG!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:40 AM PST

    Y'know, in case one version isn't good enough, have another!
    This combines Adventure Mode tactical combat sessions with Fortress Mode downtime stuff. The focus is on caring deeply about health It is probably not "complete" but it's basically done.

    Character sheet

    I've played it irl and online and it's managable, but fort mode will require keeping a spreadsheet.

    submitted by /u/RopesEverywhere
    [link] [comments]

    I'm somehow more scared of this invasion than I normally would be

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:10 PM PST

    Weird sprites on ground? NOOB ALERT

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:18 PM PST

    Weird sprites on ground? NOOB ALERT

    Hey guys,

    unfortunately the thread for the Meph Tileset, which I use (filthy noob I know, I know), is archived.

    I'm currently facing this issue in adventure mode, where random spritespop up on the ground for a fraction of a second, such as the one shown. The just flash up for a frame or two. Are these supposed to indicate something or is it a glitch with the tileset? I run the game using the Meph launcher.

    https://preview.redd.it/owkwyxffoo141.png?width=691&format=png&auto=webp&s=7e7a2965513c8f4a4dae77ae298db4b21a77132a

    https://preview.redd.it/4fys57nxoo141.png?width=440&format=png&auto=webp&s=6cfc8b972639b7c26d938a776e6c9364acfd53a5

    Thank you for helping a noob uncover the secrets of this great game.

    Best,

    eikson

    submitted by /u/eiksonicus
    [link] [comments]

    I hate it when you can finally relax

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:07 PM PST

    Because that means disaster is about to strike.

    I was just leaning back and watching my fort, thinking "how nice, it's like a little ant farm. They're so self-sufficient now. Everything is running smooth-"

    SOME MIGRANTS HAVE ARRIVED. 
    submitted by /u/cspikes
    [link] [comments]

    Can't use stone on surface

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:25 AM PST

    For some reason I can't use the stone or stone blocks from down below on the surface anymore despite having access. Anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/fatbeardeddude
    [link] [comments]

    Doing some housekeeping

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:08 PM PST

    Second Day of Dwarf Fortress!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:36 PM PST

    Previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/e2oxzi/first_day_of_playing/

    So, back in the fort of Dreamhames, things have been...interesting.

    After the events of the first day, the bookkeeper had her accuracy improved to the highest possible. A manager was appointed. The muddy floor of the initial fort was covered in wood. Then the elves showed up. Oops. Thankfully the trade depot was aboveground, and I was sure to trade only non-wood items to the tree hugging knife ears. I gained some good foods and seeds, and got back to work. After that, I put a drawbridge at the entrance, and surrounded the rest with a wall. My first artifact was made as well, a plum wood crown encircled with bands of plum wood, by a farmer.

    Then came the were-chameleon, right inside my fort. I panicked, mentally prepared for the demise of my fortress, and hastily locked some of my doors with dwarves behind them to partially protect them. With the exposed dwarves in the meeting hall, I made a military squad wielding their fists. But then, the creature ducked downstairs, destroyed a workshop, ran back outside, and turned back into a human, and was chased away.

    After this, I made an airlock with two bridges and some walls. I plan to make my atom smasher there soon. I placed a dog in front in order to get better threat detection, and received a human caravan. Oddly, there was no dwarf one. Finally, I began to lay the groundwork for my metal industry.

    (Want me to keep posting, or should I just wait till the fortress falls?)

    submitted by /u/Mkhos
    [link] [comments]

    I’m hyped as fuck for the villains update.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:54 PM PST

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/Dataraven247
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Community Update 28 November 2019: "Co-conspirators and our first artifact heist!"

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:30 PM PST

    That sounds more like a hippy Elf god to me...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:30 PM PST

    I haven't played DF in a number of years (back before there were proper trees) and got an urge to have another go at it. So I generated a map and popped into legend viewer to have a look around and see what was going on. Having a look at one of the dwarf civilisations (The Notched Oars), I noticed one god stand out from the others.

    Going by the name of Isram Silkylip (and that right there is a bit of a warning sign), he is the god of song, festivals, music, dance, revelry, happiness, trees, rain and storms.

    Sounds far too elven to me...

    submitted by /u/aswarwick
    [link] [comments]

    Those Humans have aggression problems I tell you...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:11 PM PST

    Trauma delivery! Choo choo!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:13 PM PST

    Construct Bag Order Churns Out Cloth Chests

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:01 PM PST

    I'm in dire need of a sanity check.

    My dwarves refuse to make cloth bags. When queued up from the workshop or from manager they happily churn out "Pig Tail Plant Chests" which function exactly as regular chests, and which, maddeningly, do not function as bags. The only functional bags I have are those I trade for or ones left over from embark.

    Is this a simple mistake on my part or am I suffering from !!FUN!! ?

    submitted by /u/MonkeyyNinja
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment