• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress Be careful what you say, or it may just become true.

    Dwarf Fortress Be careful what you say, or it may just become true.


    Be careful what you say, or it may just become true.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:42 PM PST

    Mentally conditioning my military dwarves by having them face off against a bunch of pitted cavern creatures

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:53 AM PST

    So I just started dwarf fortress

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:16 AM PST

    I tried the adventure mod first. I was thrown into a forest, tried punching a turtle's shell for around 3 minutes, and then proceeded to fight a crocodile for another 3-5 minutes. After basically leaving him crippled and vomiting I spat on his leg and started talking about how the weather is and asking how he's feeling. ( Which he didn't answer, rude.)

    You can probably tell I'm digging it but it somehow feels off. I'm having difficulty getting too into it. Can I ask for some recommended settings and tilesets? Possibly some tips too?

    submitted by /u/Hereforjustonething
    [link] [comments]

    WHAT A SINISTER BEING!!!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:01 AM PST

    My first NecroTower. Wish me luck

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 10:37 AM PST

    Dark Pits Looks To Me?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:40 AM PST

    So, I haven't played a lot of the current version beyond the "getting to know the new features" month or so. I was a little shocked when the goblin civ nearby founded a dark pits "a short walk" from me, and it "looks to me for its economic prosperity". I didn't think small settlements from other civs could end up in your economic sphere... is this normal?

    And yes, I figured out that it probably meant "we're going to be looting you or die trying".

    submitted by /u/Iamblichos
    [link] [comments]

    The secrets of life and death

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:49 AM PST

    I have an idea for a small fortress holding just a few dwarves where all of them are necromancers, put all of them training and mining to become elite marksdwarves and speardwarves equiped with adamantium then extend a empire of death all over the world. My doubt is if all those reanimated corpses wandering around would affect morale.

    submitted by /u/TheMarrades
    [link] [comments]

    A Weird bug

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:03 AM PST

    So i was playing modded adventure mode today and i wanted to write some books so i spawned in some scrolls and got to work.

    Then i stored the first two books in a barrel in the house i built and went to sleep when i built a bookcase to store books in there i didnt find the books there anymore. I tought of it as a bug and made 1 more book and placed it in the bookcase

    and waited for a hour. I checked and the book was gone i gave up thinking writing doesn't work in adventure mode and went out on a journey but i found one of the books close by of my house. I started looking and found all three books nearby.

    Is this a bug or is some other being like a bogeyman is stealing my books while im not looking

    no one will ever know.

    submitted by /u/mikk364
    [link] [comments]

    So I want to create a Dwarf Fortress Mod.... for Modrons

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:27 PM PST

    So to any of those out of the loop modrons are these odd looking chaps https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Modron

    I want to start with just selectable adventurer race and something to mess around with in the arena but I think if I can get that working I might add buildings and settlements.

    The biggest questions I would have is.... do you have any good sources for tutorials? and how would you represent the Modron castes? Would they be different races joined in one civilization? would they be a ton of genders (with higher castes being rarer?). I know I probably don't have the know-how but I thought it would be a fun project.

    I also might need help with balancing things later on.

    submitted by /u/Onion-Knight-Gregor
    [link] [comments]

    Furniture, raw materials and corpses bugging out

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:00 AM PST

    I was playing and I noticed that, when I try to build tables and chairs, sometimes it gets suspended and the dwarf leaves the furniture on the ground starting doing anything else. Whem I try to look on the item by pressing "k", it's signed as "tsk" so the game still counts it as if the furniture is going to be positioned on its spot but no dwarf is going to take it for no reason. If I try to dump it, no matter if I create an indoor or outdoor dump zone, the item stay still there. The same happens to corpses and other stuff. Is there a way to fix it? I think I already tried everything.

    submitted by /u/MrLelito
    [link] [comments]

    My Cave Adventure

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:47 PM PST

    Just started

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 07:48 AM PST

    Hey guys, I have been wanting to get into dwarf fortress but don't know how to start. If any of you have a good tutorial on YouTube to download a starter pack and to play, please put it in the description. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TheFluffyDetective
    [link] [comments]

    Just lost an entire day's worth of progress on my fort

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:05 PM PST

    Accidentally pressed like insert or delete on the numpad and DF just up and quit on me. Didn't have autosaves or backups on either (now I do...) Was playing since like 11 this morning. I retired the fort out of disappointment...

    submitted by /u/The_Wanderer2077
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment