• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 20, 2022

    Dwarf Fortress Maps of Orid Mudung (credit to u/eniteris for armap program)

    Dwarf Fortress Maps of Orid Mudung (credit to u/eniteris for armap program)


    Maps of Orid Mudung (credit to u/eniteris for armap program)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2022 06:16 AM PST

    [Warcraft mod] Thanks RNG

    Posted: 20 Feb 2022 11:15 AM PST

    Adventure Mode, I don't really get it, the more I play the more infuriating it becomes

    Posted: 20 Feb 2022 11:42 AM PST

    None of my 47.05 adventure mode characters are lasting more than 5 mins, and are never able to do anything of any interest, besides painting masterwork murals with their entrails.

    In the most recent worlds I've generated (both of them), just about every civ seems to be made up exclusively of Night Creatures. "Hand of This", "Eye of That", etc. In towns they can (maybe) be non-hostile, but they tend to be ruled by zombies and other (very) hostile rulers, meaning if you explore the town you get instantly killed by something. Many of the starting towns are exclusively NCs.

    Then as soon as I leave the town, I get attacked and killed by "Hand of xXx", who seems to be part of my civ, but is hostile nonetheless. The last one actually greeted me and said how nice it was to be among people, before grabbing my neck and shaking me till I exploded into gore. I guess you can't really ever trust these abominations - they aren't quite right in the head.

    I'm hoping this isn't exactly by design, that my worlds have more Night Creatures than actual normal creatures, and it seems to be a bit overdone. In fortress mode I get sieges of Night Creatures more than anything else, which makes sense I guess, considering how many of the civs seem to be nothing but. Hopefully this gets toned down for the next version.

    Anyway, how are you actually expected to survive adventure mode more than a few mins? I can't even travel to the next town without running into something that eats me (normally a Night Creature).

    It's nice that there are new features (like having pets) but often they seem to just make the experience more frustrating. Like my last adventurer started with a pet, who was immediately killed by one of the Night Creatures close to my starting town.

    In fact just about all the problems I'm having recently seem to revolve around these sodding Night Creatures that are supposedly part of my civ, but seem to be prone to murder and violence. My kingdom for a normal dwarf or human or even an elf.

    submitted by /u/k9wazere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment