• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 8, 2022

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 06:22 AM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Hilltop Tavern (Soon to be Golden Tavern)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 09:39 PM PST

    Old Time Gamer with Bad Eye sight .. suggestions or help.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 09:49 AM PST

    Over the 40-45 years of playing games, I have never seen a game close to Dwarf Fortress. I have a love/hate relationship. The whole story line of interactions on the dwarfs, funny results, bizarre encounters, and plain old craziness blows my mind. I have a been enjoying reading up on the posts about the game and really think there isn't anything more I want to try again but even with tile set cannot play the game. I have bad eyesight and It's because the screen and its Icons are too small for me see or even use the menus. I know where is zoom but I need that view to be for the entire game not just parts of it.

    I have a 35" monitor and want the actual icons, dwarfs, etc. to be very large even if I have to scroll over. I could some suggestions and its ok to say, well you cannot play this game and I am ok with it. I find it more distracting zooming in and out and causes issues as well. Suggestions? I am also simi new to the game but have a good theory on what needs to be done… well I hope I do.

    submitted by /u/Ravenx2020
    [link] [comments]

    Here's a drawing of a blind cave ogre I did a while ago after being inspired by Kruggsmash. I love how open to interpretation the dwarf fortress creatures are, so they're lots of fun to draw!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:09 PM PST

    green lines solved, menus unreadable

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 02:58 AM PST

    my new laptop only can play DF with the 2d setting on the LNP menu active, i can't do anything with vanilla version

    problem is this makes the menus horrible, it messes with the graphics something awful.

    it's a new-ish predator helios laptop with intel gpu, the menuing is so much more tedious than it used to be. pls help T_T

    submitted by /u/rub_a_dub-dub
    [link] [comments]

    A cabal of five (5) necromancer dwarves tried to sneak in, raised a feather, and retreated. My dwarves and I are very confused.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 04:29 PM PST

    Beach castle vibes

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 11:58 AM PST

    Theory: I'll build a castle on the evil beach next to these 2 towers and goblin civs, that'll be a good challenge

    Practice: 3rd of slate, exposition attempt #2: we thought there might be some useful metal underground, but all we have found is koalinite, clay, and enough coal to fuel all the forges in the world, if only we had something USEFUL TO SMELT

    first expedition died off fast as a guy fell into the ocean and drowned, then became a zombie, and charged into the fort in an eternal wrestling loop, killing 2 more dwarves. It was just the "start playing" build and I didn't expect it to last long anyway

    Second one just started, where we made the discovery there were few to no metals readily available, maybe the caverns will hold something.

    Give me megaprojects/stupid dwarf tricks for a good beach castle, I am determined to finish this!

    submitted by /u/EntityHuMo
    [link] [comments]

    Future of The Fortress - February 2022 - Lots of modding and a work in progress roadmap.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 01:48 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment