• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 16, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Tip: Heat Kills

    Dwarf Fortress Tip: Heat Kills


    Tip: Heat Kills

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    Something was killing my dwarfs. Randomly. Just suddenly find a long trail of blood with a corpse at the end of it. Even an entire trade caravan suddenly showed dead up on the surface. (Hadn't even made my depot yet.)

    I thought maybe it was a ghost? No, no ghosts showing when I went to make a slab. Perhaps a really messy vampire? A were-creature? No, nothing at all on the combat lists, and even fired up DFhack but found no undead.

    I finally found a post from about 10 years ago, and it turns out that a hot environment can actually boil out the subcutaneous fat from your dorfs, causing them to bleed out. Guess that volcano embark wasn't such a good idea after all.

    Now, I'm a pretty callous god when it comes to my dorfs. They lead hard lives. I've left immigrants to starve up on the surface without even a second thought, and dumped captives into pits of lava. But even I felt pretty sorry for these poor dwarves as the last one crawled across the floor, leaving that long trail of red...

    submitted by /u/vespidaevulgaris
    [link] [comments]

    "He never becomes angry. He exhales sharply when he gets angry."

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Odd visual glitch and I'm not sure what happened. Letting it run fixes one ~ at a time.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    Bim Kuletothlest A Tasarthabs fist crossbowmen. A scaly humanoid. It has a stubby tail. Its black scales are small and set far apart. Tasarthabs fists are a necromancer experiment created by experiments done on elfs. And some more do doodles!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    Minimized Fortress without farming and cloth

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Inspired by the clothing thread I thought about doing a fortress with minimized industries where all of my dwarfs also get metal armor and train military. I would focus on just mining, masonry, metalwork, carpentry and cook/butcher.

    So the idea would be that food only comes from butchered animals killed in the wild and butchered pets/eggs while destroying the unusable remains. Gathered plants for initial survival while drinks will be a problem and water has to do. Guess for hospital I need some traded cloth. Main idea is having more time for training, smaller fortress and less objects lying around due to not having all those seeds, raw materials and rotten cloth lying around.

    Can you think of any major problems a fortress like that will have. Can you keep peoples happy with just drinking water. Any other tips what you can do regarding minimizing your industry.

    submitted by /u/CyberianK
    [link] [comments]

    A search for old Forts

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    I recently decided to give version 23a of dwarf fortress (from the days before z-levels) a try, and it is fun (not !!FUN!!), but I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

    To solve that, I could have a lot of !!FUN!! over a lot of time, but I would like to get some inspiration from other forts of that time period. I can only find Boatmurdered (of course), and one YouTube let's play, which is kinda annoying. There are a couple of threads on the Bay 12 Forums on this version (I think it was a community fort and a succession game) but all of the pictures which were there were hosted on (the now defunct) tinypic or are otherwise unavailable. Halp me pl0x. Thx :)

    submitted by /u/Literaljoker99
    [link] [comments]

    The Fort of Cosbys

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment