• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 21, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Well this sucks.

    Dwarf Fortress Well this sucks.


    Well this sucks.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Well this sucks.

    https://preview.redd.it/kgtiij13nuo71.png?width=1283&format=png&auto=webp&s=a7cc87d591b177960aaf340439a4331d2711c4e2

    I have some really really peaceful fortress. Even there's no goblin cave or such near fortress, so my fortress was never under seize.

    But then bronze colossus (I've never know there's thing : FUN moment) just arrived.

    I have very skilled axedwarves, so at first I thought it can be dealt easily.

    But no, as I didn't have flux stone (I'm sure I can find one if I dig deep enough - but I've never found one), my axedwarves are armed in full iron set - which mean they can eventually kill colossus, but it'll take really whole bunch of time.

    My fortress is surely not doomed at all because I have three row of cage trap installed in fortress entrance, but in any case it'll take some time.

    Maybe I should disband my army and make colossus walks directly into cage trap? Will it be fastest way?

    +

    Check https://imgur.com/KjjH6xu when reddit refuse to show this image

    Long brutal battle where nobody hurt

    +

    Okay now, I have captured this colossus successfully, with only one civilian dwarf killed. How can I deal with this guy after now? Should I- Should I just leave him alone and use it as mascot of fortress? I bet there's better way to kill beast inside cage... Or maybe I should just make Zoo with this?

    submitted by /u/dhnam_LegenDUST
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever goblin siege was interesting.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    They showed up, I was scared for a second, and then my over-trained army lopped all their heads off.

    I did notice that one of my worker dwarves got their "guts" "fractured". Sounds unpleasant. They're still recovering in the hospital. I wonder if you can use leather bags for a colostomy.

    What was interesting was the trade caravan that arrived right when the siege started. Somehow, they made it in before they could get spooked off. Too late to stop my craftsdwarf from going beserk from lack of silk, but she was already walled off anyway. Who knows how the siege would have played out if she started rampaging through the great hall!

    Anyway, these traders have a bit of a history with my fort. They're from our own dwarven kingdom, and they are total assholes. The last time they visited, no matter what I offered, they would make a ridiculous counteroffer, usually asking for a particular artifact of mine that was single-handedly worth as much as their entire stock. So, for the second year in a row, they refused all trading after I made too many offers.

    The problem is, I really wanted their stuff. I've already lost 3 dwarves to silk madness, and haven't found a cavern yet to farm silk myself. I have a number of citizens that are forever full of constant seething rage thanks to the trauma of seeing their friends go mad. And my military dwarves are all hopped up from goblin-murdering...want to guess what I tried next?

    Thirty seconds pass, and I have a pile of merchant bodies near one of my two fortress entrances, while the trade liaison is still meeting with my mayor 4 levels down, unaware that all his buddies are dead. I dont really know how this stuff works, but I'm hoping they'll somehow not notice that they're all alone on the trip home. I'm currently walling off that fortress entrance from the inside, closing the bridge from the outside, and moving the corpses to my hidden stockpile. The trade liaison is milling about on the lower floors with the other dwarves. I have no idea what will happen when they decide to leave.

    One last fun note: during the slaughter, one of my dwarves bit a merchant guard's tongue, threw them, and severed the tongue.

    submitted by /u/heyheyhey27
    [link] [comments]

    Tarn Adams was the guest on the latest episode of StackOverflow podcast!

    Posted: 21 Sep 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    Gorlak Spotting (OC)

    Posted: 21 Sep 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    Modding troubles.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    You see, I'm trying my hand at making a mod. However, whenever I spawn the race I created, the Staglins, the game immediately crashes. I can't figure out what's wrong, so I decided to post the raws for the races on here to see if anyone can see what's wrong. (I am entirely sure it is the creatures, since it crashes whenever I spawn them in the object testing arena.) Do note, I am an incredibly novice modder, so excuse any sloppy coding.

    https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15670

    submitted by /u/Korblox101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment