• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 25, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress I've got stone cold Fishery Workers in my fort.

    Dwarf Fortress I've got stone cold Fishery Workers in my fort.


    I've got stone cold Fishery Workers in my fort.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 04:36 AM PDT

    Lot of the dwarves like to socialize in the alpaca farm since I made it a guildhall.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    So I just embarked at this neat volcano and I was greeted by the dreaded FPS DEATH ITSELF!!!

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    Stalkòb Hardfangs the Dreamy Chaos. Made a mini labyrinth since we caught a Minotaur a while back. She's completely naked, no equipment. I tried dropping a battle ax down there. Is there any way to get her to pick up a weapon? Even without, she does good with those horns..

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    Bad time to realize you forgot to link your drawbridge to the lever.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    DFhack Script to Fix Reclaimed Fortress Furniture

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    Sometimes the only way to get past a crash bug is to retire, zip two weeks past the apocalypse, and reclaim the fort. One catch in reclaiming though is that all installed cabinets and boxes (coffers and bags) become unglued. I do this often and so I find it tedious to nail down the furniture in hundreds of dwarven condos.

    Here, I present a script to automate this:

    -- fix-furniture.lua by Hawkslayer function nail_down( item, type ) local instance = dfhack.buildings.allocInstance(item.pos, type, -1, -1) if( instance ~= nil ) then dfhack.buildings.constructWithItems(instance, {item}) end end for i=0, #df.item.get_vector()-1 do local item = df.item.get_vector()[i] if( item.flags.on_ground ) then local type = item:getType() if( type == 30 ) then nail_down(item, 10) elseif( type == 34 ) then nail_down(item, 14) end end end 

    In a few cases, the furniture will have drifted on top of the bed or something and you'll have to unsuspend those jobs by hand. But this script will save you an hour of tidying up dwarfopolis, the temple, the library, and the tavern.

    If someone wants to push this script into the dfhack repo, please do.

    submitted by /u/HawkslayerHawkslayer
    [link] [comments]

    Weird FPS behaviour

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    Anyone else find the FPS output to be very, very random? Once I had a 170 dwarf fort in a 65x65 world, running smoothly enough. My new fort has 16 dwarves and is lagging out of its mind. No rivers or waterfalls, no littering in sight. What's going on here?

    submitted by /u/aniket0907
    [link] [comments]

    Modding Troubles 2: Electric Boogaloo

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    I have a new problem. If you haven't seen my previous post, I'm a dabbling modder currently working on a race called the Staglins. And now, I need to figure out how to give them their own species specific crops. After doing some research on the wiki, I found out that dwarves will use any crop that's accessible from cavern layer 1. I thought "Hey, this is easy! All I have to do is make sure that cavern layer 2 or 3 has only the Staglin crops, and make it so that Staglins only use crops from 2 or 3!" However, I hit a roadblock. I am unable to find the token that dictates which layer they get their crops from, if it even exists. So I decided to use ol' reliable: asking random people on the internet for help. (I hope that this mythical crop cavern layer token exists and I don't look like a complete idiot.)

    submitted by /u/Korblox101
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashes

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Greetings everyone, I really want to give this game a try but it crashes in my m1 MacBook. First I had a white screen after opening the file, then I changed print mode to standard In the init.txt file and done(I saw it in the wiki). Now I open the game and when I try to create a map it crashes. Any help?

    submitted by /u/PanosG1331
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment