• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 12, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Saw someone's wife made them a day blanket and showed it to my wife saying well wheres mine? Well here it is!

    Dwarf Fortress Saw someone's wife made them a day blanket and showed it to my wife saying well wheres mine? Well here it is!


    Saw someone's wife made them a day blanket and showed it to my wife saying well wheres mine? Well here it is!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    After 10 years of playing DF I finally saw an Age of Fairy Tales

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    My first dwarf fortress experience didn't go so well...

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    My first dwarf fortress experience didn't go so well...

    -First fortress attempt .

    -got a little carried away digging and designing.

    -Is still summer, I just started, I still have time to setup a military right?.

    -weird music and sfx plays on(using sound sense).

    -screen prompt "the dead walk, hide while u can or something like that".

    -I'm screwed for sure.

    -look over the unit list tab, is just one goblin necromancer and a hammer dwarf.

    -Hey I have 9 untrained, height challenged dudes, maybe we can mob they up and still win.

    -assemble a squad(Was so unprepared I had to look how to on the damm wiki).

    -the Auspicious Lecterns led by Azush Kimbulvimsh... the fisherman gather up at the gate.

    -I notice the necromancer is either walking too fast or his dwarf hammerman is too slow, they were really far from each other.

    -Thats is our chance boyz.

    -I order to attack and unpause the game.

    - they move so fast downhill I lost sight .

    -spent half a minute looking for them.

    -turns out "a" key opens up some combat log stuff.

    -read the first line and immediately regrets.

    -turns out the goblin necromancer killed my expedition leader and gestured.

    -I wonder "why did he gest... Ooohhhhh" *read next line*

    -so my expedition leader, now a undead, kicks my miner.

    -his legs blown up .

    -holy shit!!!

    -things go south really fast.

    -in less than 20 seconds, they all dead now, I mean almost dead, but not alive either

    -note to myself, learn how to estabilish good military squads

    https://preview.redd.it/0rtwfa1orwg71.png?width=226&format=png&auto=webp&s=adde02609316fcff4b8ef8d37fea9c3729d35931

    submitted by /u/Mazeekel
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress: how to build a magma pump stack and live to tell the tale

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 12:59 AM PDT

    Well, hope I don't come to regret pillaging that Necromancer tower

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    Steam News - Jobs / Labor screen first look!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Goblins 0 - Dwarfs 2

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    [Kruggsmash] Crimsontrumpets 3: Forging Arms, Breaking Stone

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    Glad to see some realistic expectations.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Behold! Greatest Dwarven Success to this day! Very good! (Fortress Tour) 13 floor ++ Fortress

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    Selectively sourcing doctors from libraries

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    Lesson learned: You may recruit doctors from a public library instead of hoping for one to arrive as a migrant. Especially relevant if you're pop-capped.

    Maybe this strategy was obvious, but I now have a renewed appreciation of libraries and citizenship petitions!

    submitted by /u/klungeE
    [link] [comments]

    [47.05] Halloween/Horror Mod - Doom, Hexen and Splatterhouse update

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    Help with manager orders

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    Help with manager orders

    Hi, I'm having troubles with order system:
    I'm trying to setup an order for automatic brewing (see picture) if there's less that 100 drinks in stock. But, it doesn't seem to work. I have less that 100 drinks in my stocks screen and this value constantly falls down unless I manually go to still and order brewing from there.

    I'm sure there's something I'm messing up with inequalities, so any help will be appreciated.

    https://preview.redd.it/1d96e2cyzvg71.jpg?width=836&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ed5c76c8bac46db5570b401d70bdae6a784659ff

    submitted by /u/domiurg
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had problems with over-socializing in the tavern in 47.05?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    Seriously. I know the default response "they will interrupt socialization to do work unless its purple/they really need it"

    the issue is... thats just not true. All dwarves in the fort have hauling enabled, I have plenty of un-hauled stuff sitting around. The miners aren't mining... the fortress is grinding to a halt because a majority of dwarves would rather listen to a poem for the millionth time than harvest crops that are rotting in the fields.

    The only solution I have found is to make a burrow that covers the entire map EXCEPT the tavern and permanently have all citezens on it...

    I wondered if it was because the tavern was too small with too many visitors, perhaps conversations constantly starting was interrupting jobs as they started - every tile in the tavern had at least one visitor on it (no idea why it was so popular with performing trouples lol had like 4 at a time) but it wasn't even that. With multiple very large taverns after a short while the dwarves fell back to their old ways

    submitted by /u/RugnirViking
    [link] [comments]

    Aquiring noble titles for your Adventurer

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    I've read that it isn't possible to pick up noble titles as an Adventurer in adventure mode. However it is possible to have your adventurer become part of a retired fortress. Could your adventurer become a noble in fortress mode, e.g. via recommendation to the liaison, and if so would that have any affect on NPC dispositions towards them in adventure mode?

    submitted by /u/nomansskyisanowagame
    [link] [comments]

    Should other humanoid races get any special abilities akin to martial trance?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    I love adventurer mode. I especially love taking a world where I've made a few prosperous forts and shaped it to my whims and then running around as just some dude in it. However, not counting the necromancer experiments and animal folk, it seems to me that there's just no reason to pick any of the "standard" 5 humanoid races (elves, humans, goblins, kobolds and, of course, dwarves) other than a dwarf, because of the boon that martial trance gives you. Maybe I'm stuck in the D&D mindset, but wouldn't it be cool if, eventually, elves or goblins got some sort of magic power (when magic is added into the game) inherent to their race? Could humans get a bonus to something, maybe their stat growth, or could kobolds get a natural bonus to stealth or something? This is not to denigrate Tarn's development of the game, I love what it is now and am not complaining, but I'm trying to imagine DF 10, 20 years into the future.

    submitted by /u/MisanthropeX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment