• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 18, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress I made my first waterfall

    Dwarf Fortress I made my first waterfall


    I made my first waterfall

    Posted: 18 Aug 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    I made my first waterfall

    Aqueduct

    Left side is axle for powering waterfall.

    So this is my first time trying 'stupid dwarf trick'

    I try to build artificial waterfall.

    As newbie, I thought water will fill in aqueduct almost instantly (or at least half an minute, even considering my low fps (about 20))

    But I was built a hundred block aqueduct, and even (as design miss) have two aqueduct.

    It really takes a while.

    Hope this work well...

    Okay, I keep get flood in middle layer (meeting hall layer). I guessed it was problem of middle layer design, so I keep changed it.

    And after five failure (my DF crashes after I use rendermax, so I could use it as emergency exit), I realized what is actual problem. It was not middle layer - but bottom layer (and below).

    I didn't halt water pouring from river. Actually I installed pressure plate, but I placed it wrongly. So water keep poured in.

    It is safe to use only one block of 7/7 water (or less), now I think about it. So I decided to halt screw pump first, pour in enough water, and then halt water and activate screw pump.

    So it takes about few in-game months, 3~4 hours in real time, and I finally made it.

    https://preview.redd.it/giw51wifz3i71.png?width=214&format=png&auto=webp&s=de316d7b8a1251a5672f9dc8f8fe50127d83c8a6

    There is pressure plate, but because of my mistake it completely don't work. I control it manually instead.

    https://preview.redd.it/fhktuhk0m4i71.png?width=109&format=png&auto=webp&s=0c5531969f7203b48af69a7d4271b5c576feae77

    https://preview.redd.it/zwrrs5gjz3i71.png?width=108&format=png&auto=webp&s=0f27cd07fdee1d6d1ecc828b78f5bee66e088af0

    Now our dwarves will be happier!

    or at least i'm happy.

    Oh and P.S. My metropolis have chance to become capital (at least condition screen in noble window appeared, and I'm not sure it can be mountainhome because I don't have any off-site holding.)!

    submitted by /u/dhnam_LegenDUST
    [link] [comments]

    Dîshmab, Sunless Zombie. I accidentally made a playable intelligent undead Adventurer.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    When the elf's stupid head is thicker than his armor

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment