• Breaking News

    Friday, August 27, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My human neighbors/enemies have some issues keeping it together or they'r trolling masterfully...

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Steam Community Update 27 August 2021: Taverns, Temples and Hospitals ��Dwarf Fortress Steam Updates

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Update to "I didn't know semi-megabeasts could contract lycanthropy"

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    Steam News - Temples, Taverns and Hospitals!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if there is a list of all the DF UI elements in game and which ones have been completed?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Seems like a good (if somewhat flawed) way to judge how far along development is. At the very least it can show what percentage of UI elements had been completed.

    submitted by /u/m103
    [link] [comments]

    Being a rimworld player. I’m interested in this game

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I've poured countless of hours into playing rimworld. Rimworld at its bare feels nothing without its mods. So I always install fantasy ones that has anything to do with medieval like magic, fairies or goblins and orcs but Tynan(game dev) spoke clearly that Rimworld is specifically a space simulator but nevertheless Its still my fave game and my most ever played game in my steam library so naturally I've became obsessed with anything that has to do with it. So then I came upon this gem that inspired rimworld and holy shit the youtube videos that came from this is insane. The stories and the events has more world building in it than anything I've ever seen from rimworld plus I really love fantasy and I always feel limited on how much people you can only have in rimworld. But i know if I had trouble setting up a base in rimworld I have no doubt I'll have problems going into this. I've been spoiled by the amount of videos Ive seen but they're mostly so I could get a feel on what this game is actually is and I've become interested in this game further and further but the problem is. I HAVE ADHD. The UI of this game hurts me but i want to play it. I want mods that is similar to the above view of vanilla rimworld and dwarf fortress. The only mods i see from dwarf fortress is 3d stuff and I feel especially turned off from that. Now if I cant find a mod that suits me Ill just have to wait for the steam release. But this sucks aggdhfkfAfdgdhgjkhkhl.

    submitted by /u/stars-and-death
    [link] [comments]

    Vanilla players! What are our thoughts on the new labor system?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Is this the end of [z],[p],[l] as we know (and love) it? I'm a little concerned as how you are supposed to be able to restrict labors. It seems like good progress has been made in getting the dorfs to do labor, but are we still going to be able to controll what they don't do? I understand, under the new system, to prevent all other dorfs from stone-hauling I would assign somebody to that job; thus restricting everyone else. But what if I want nobody to stone haul? Also what if I want my miners to do mining and nothing else besides mining? If you play vanilla and love it as much as I do I would be very interesting to hear your opinion on these new changes.

    submitted by /u/DINOFORCE
    [link] [comments]

    Dawn of Mirthfurnace.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    Now, I am not experienced at DF. Sure, I know a fair amount, and had my fair share of fortresses. But I am not what many would call... "experienced." But I have grand plans for this one, despite still being terrified by water mechanics. Now, first of all, the world is being generated with the following rules:

    World Size: Medium

    History: Short

    Max Number of Sites: Medium

    Number of Beasts: Medium

    Natural Savagery: Very High

    Mineral Occurrence: Everywhere

    The main idea of this fortress is inspired by Kruggsmash's Crimsontrumpets, which is based on the idea of getting through raids by pure dwarven might. This is similar, however, with some key differences. First off, I want this fortress to be the Dwarves of Valor. I well and truly want to be the good guys, even with the elves, the tree hugging bastards, mostly because they have cool animals. The place I'm settling in reflects this, being a Joyous Wilds biome. More specifically, a Warm Joyous Wilds Temperate Savanna, with very deep soil, sand, clay, a flux stone layer, shallow metals, deep metals, sparse trees, moderate vegetation, and a brook. We are of The Violet Key, a civilization who has no real quarrel with the other civilizations, except the goblins, of course. I will be posting updates semi-randomly, according to my schedule. We may die many times, but we will always reclaim our lands. We are the Dwarves of Valor, goddammit! Strike the earth!

    submitted by /u/Korblox101
    [link] [comments]

    How do you start?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 06:30 AM PDT

    After the fall of Prestine-Towers, my previous Fortress, I've finally set-up a new one.

    Though it's taken me Two in-game years to get a fully fledged fortress going. For me that's: Food, Water, Crafting, Housing and Military.

    I tend to build extravagantly so I do struggle to keep on-top of things when I embark and I often end up with multiple projects at once or leave some half finished and comeback. This leaves a lot of crucial things till late. For example my military and prison area always ends up last on the list. I like to build a decent base and see where I end up having to go with it.

    My question is, when you start a fort, what is your priorities? What do you build? What's your process? How do you go about this? When are you minimally satisfied that you have a complete Fortress?

    submitted by /u/wattybanker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment