• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 5, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress So a Camel, Reindeer, and a Yak walk into a bar...

    Dwarf Fortress So a Camel, Reindeer, and a Yak walk into a bar...


    So a Camel, Reindeer, and a Yak walk into a bar...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    Dwarfs can have miscarriages :(

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    An ambush! Curse them!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    Mountainhome Keskalerith, "Shotthroat". All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of silver, gold, and steel. This object menaces with spikes of green glass. Basic Value: $122 Million, 33 Years.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    I've been away from Dwarf Fortress for quite some time and I wanted to give it a try again. I'm still definitely not above flooding my fort with both water and magma.

    Shotthroat is fascinating. I began this fort with the goal of creating every single room, workshop, and location with steel or gold with masterwork quality items. I succeeded mostly. The fort started with glass rooms and transitioned into steel and gold as is right. Here's a gif of the whole fortress: https://i.imgur.com/IXUZ74X.gifv

    Before this fort, I had never tried sending out raiding parties or recovering Artifacts. So naturally, I stole grizzly bears from the elves, and exterminated 3/4 goblin embarks from history. The military units I sent back never seemed to come back with their armor on, and they never seemed to want to put on new armor. So many of my dorfs are exhibitionists.

    Also, there was a single missing artifact that I collected that read "I am uspnutxox, Clobberscratches, once of the Underworld. By the Persuasive Jewels, I bind myself to this place." Innuendos aside, the day I brought this sterling silver slab to my fortress, 20 dwarfs died. And since then, every so often, I'd lose an additional ~20 dwarfs. They just seem to want to fight and kill each other.

    Completely unrelated, the religions and Deities were very interesting. https://imgur.com/a/gg45RRS . I found out that a large portion of my dwarfs worshipped death and murder, and there was a single male dwarf that worshipped wealth, oaths, marriage, pregnancy, and family. He was very lonely. By the year of 38, he had a friend to worship with.

    When I made the Grand Library, I promoted nearly every dwarf to Scholar. The range of topics including Migratory Patterns, Toxicology, Reproductive Behaviour, and Source Reliability. It was pretty annoying when you need your broker to do to the Trade Depot only to get caught up in a discussion about reproductive behaviour. https://imgur.com/a/3WJ6HHx

    I had the good fortune for a forgotten web-slinging beast to visit the underground caverns. It won the battle against the previous forgotten beast inhabitant https://imgur.com/a/tyU7clY . I build a quick silk farm for it, but one of my expert Marksdwarfs killed it when I wasn't looking.

    I built a grand glass entrance to the fort over the volcano. Unfortunately, this resulted in pretty regular cases of spontaneous combustion due to the clipping of the trade caravans through the volcano walls: https://imgur.com/a/6eecBoY

    Over 30000 steel bars and 10000 gold bars were used in the construction of this fort because the final living area could only be made with Masterwork quality items, hence the need for recycling. All non-metal, non-masterwork items were traded away. This resulted in a temporary booze shortage caused by a lack of barrels. Those were dark days. I also completely covered the flat surface with silver roads, and replaced a hill with iron.

    To Ushrir who has been running around babbling for more than 20 years. Thank you for killing that fire imp. I'm sorry you were wounded and never recovered mentally. I'm happy that the other dwarfs still come and share a meal and spend time with you. We've locked you up for your own good.

    For all the dwarfs that fell in the creation of this fortress, you will not be forgotten through all of the statues and engravings.

    Shotthroat with labels: https://imgur.com/a/yqlaD3A

    submitted by /u/LutePretzel
    [link] [comments]

    A new level of Depression.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    My dwarves are testing out new strategies to defeat our goblin foes! It's getting a little...steamy though

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Share your favourite engravings!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 10:27 PM PDT

    I've always loved the engraving system and how dwarves tend to commemoriate the happenings in the fortress onto it's walls, especially all the disasters you have caused. As such, I'd like to read you'r favourite engravings and possibly the stories that go with them.

    submitted by /u/Northern_fluff_bunny
    [link] [comments]

    Just a wereopossum beating the shit out of my farmer with leather trousers and said farmer biting the wereopossum in the tongue as a defense

    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment