• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 22, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Traders have just arrived in the human fortress of Stargray, aka Amazido. It's home to 284 people and hopefully many more to come!

    Dwarf Fortress Traders have just arrived in the human fortress of Stargray, aka Amazido. It's home to 284 people and hopefully many more to come!


    Traders have just arrived in the human fortress of Stargray, aka Amazido. It's home to 284 people and hopefully many more to come!

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    Story of a "new" player having Fun for the first time.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    This is the first time after playing on/off for a year that I actually got destroyed in this game without me wanting it because I normally just get tired of the fortress and straight-up dig an adamantine vein to see some clown jokes and tricks or send all my dwarfs to raid a goblin fortress without any armour.

    But not this time. Oh boy, not this time...

    around 80 dwarfs, 2 years and a few months after embark, I'm finally finishing my underground farm area by flooding it, I have quarters, taverns, barracks, hubs and all the shit dugout, now I just have to move all the furniture, wait for the water to disappear and make the farm plots, relocate the workshops, finish digging the bridge pits for my defence, etc... but no.

    50-60... I don't know, but it was a lot. Goblins, beak dogs, orcs(?), out of fucking nowhere. Most of my dwarves were in my temporary fortress, which are a few connected rooms that consisted of a farm area, small temples, meeting hall and a storage area. Others were either at my temporary open textile industry area or smoothing/digging some final stuff in the real fortress.

    I literally just needed less than a season to finish moving to the real fortress, but no, those green fucks had to attack me. I literally thought of doing a "rollback", but then I realized... "Hey, I'm finally having a true Dwarf Fortress experience" - so I just let shit burn.

    I'm sad due to losing that progress, but also satisfied for finally having Fun.

    Already destroyed that world, and a new one is already on the way, for me to entertain myself with the suffering of these digital creatures.

    submitted by /u/audible_fart_noise
    [link] [comments]

    A new fortress concept I had, I'm calling this THE LABYRINTH

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    Dwarven diplomacy: Correct welcome address to elven caravans

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    Steam Edition - Lets talk about that Lava

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    On my first fort, I had a dogsplosion happen exclusively on top of a tree. I had to cut down the tree. For the FPS.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment