• Breaking News

    Friday, March 26, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I drew the unfortunate dwarf from the intro

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    I have a Dream!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    [Kruggsmash] The Watchful Eyes Ep.7: Greedy, Misguided Souls

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    (Part 2 of the SwampAges saga). The fall of SwampAges. Please read comment for mini story.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Planing to create a new young world and start a "Great Library Fortress" in a freezing (possible evil biome). Tips and suggestions are highly appreciated

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    How to set a dining hall and how to view item prices when trading

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Hey, new player to DF, and have done two somewhat successful fortress (both survived until winter [one the winter of the year after the first], one my dwarves needed drink and I didn't realize they had no access to water, and also I didn't have a still, another way better, and completed the general layout of the fortress and everything was going fine, then a Werezebra came and infected like 15 dwarves I think and after a while a massacare happed), and I'm trying to make a dining hall. I placed a few tables and chairs like this

    cccccccccc tttttttttt tttttttttt cccccccccc 

    and went to make a dining room. Changed the dimenisions to fit the room, and there was no option to make it a dining hall. Also when the first caravan arrived, I moved some lumber into the trade thingy, and requested a trader, and entered the menu, but there was no prices listed. Moved crafts there later on, when they came back, and did the same, and there was no prices listed, meaning I had no idea how much I needed to sell to get what I wanted.

    If anyone can help me, I be very greatful

    submitted by /u/Endergaming2546
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get graphics to work with starter kit

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    I'm surely doing something stoopid.

    I have the newb pack, and installed Phoebus.

    When I hit "Play Dwarf Fortress!" It still uses ascii, and also doesn't reckognize mouse (though i selected the laptop with mouse profile).

    Help?

    submitted by /u/darkhorsematt
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Visitors who come frequently can go insane just because. He visits once a year for a couple months and I assumed he was having a good time!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:04 PM PDT

    ☼<<☼Cryptbeards XXVII☼>>☼ Things are going so well that the feeling of impending doom is becoming unbearable. Steel your nerves and join us for Friday forting.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    A dream fortress

    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    I dreamt of a massive library (in what I was pretty sure wasn't IRL, but was in fact DF!) The halls filled with intellectuals from various walks of life. The business end resembled a sort of monestary. I wrote down what I could remember about the layout this morning. How should I go about constructing this to avoid YASD?

    submitted by /u/ajzaff
    [link] [comments]

    Your Preferred Population limit on a fort

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    Simple poll!

    Do you like your forts big or small

    Do you even know how to set a population cap

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/WarriorofArmok
    [link] [comments]

    Job Optimization

    Posted: 25 Mar 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    What are people using these days to manage their dwarves and their professions? I've seen quite a few but it doesn't seem like there any recent information about some of them on reddit. I've gotten back into the game and used to use dwarf theraptist for my management needs, but now I see their are all sorts between DFhack and Dwarf Therapist such as,

    Dwarf Therapist: Custom professions & Optimization plans

    DFhack: Autolabors & LaborManager

    Of course the in game way aswell, but what do you guys use and why? I can usually manage a sub 30-50 fort but past that it gets to be a bit exhausting.

    submitted by /u/JaxxVee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment