• Breaking News

    Monday, February 15, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 06:22 AM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    RNG gave me the most creative fort name ever

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:46 AM PST

    That's Politics for you!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 04:32 PM PST

    Marathon session = brain fried

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Yesterday I made my first semi-successful fortress, went to sleep at 3am and fever-dreamed ASCII dwarves and play mechanics. I'm still in a sort of daze but I'm so happy that I finally understand what I'm doing.

    This is on the heels of a fortress of 200 that got massacred by 7 goblins because I didn't know how to train or equip the 2 squads I'd made.

    Fun things:

    Chose a region that doesn't have goblins. Chose a location on a Madagascar-sized island. This may ultimately impact the "fun" but it's given me time to learn.

    A were-beast of some sort showed up, I mobilized my squad and it promptly "turned into a dwarf" and disappeared.

    A few people have gone missing. I think it's because they got smashed by the first successful drawbridges I've ever made. There was a pile of clothing by one but no body.

    First successful trading. Twice I "offered" a ton of goods thinking that was the right input. After learning that "trade" (on the visitor side of the screen) was correct, promptly killed a trade by not giving enough profit. This might be the most broken UI situation in the game.

    Mobilized and killed a Titan ferret or something. Realized later that one of my soldiers had been crippled and was laying out there for who knows how long. Made a hospital zone and dwarves went to get her.

    Burrows and civilian alerts remain a mystery. I know that's going to be a problem. At least I can tell my squad to kill something.

    Made my first above-ground building with roof and drawbridge entrance. First real area of assigned bedrooms. First area of clustered temple rooms. Dealt with 2 ghosts (bodies unrecoverable). Buried a few more. Etc.

    After writing this, all these things sound minor and dumb because they kinda are... but each was a mini triumph.

    DF has put its disease in me.

    submitted by /u/thraktor1
    [link] [comments]

    Made this little comic called “Digging too deep.”

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 07:08 PM PST

    Digging too deep vol 2

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 11:22 AM PST

    My marksdwarves slayed a giantess who dropped three artifact spears!

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 02:38 AM PST

    Decided to draw my fort symbol a skull. Murder skulls is what the fortress is called.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 03:19 PM PST

    Almost as disgusting as an elf...

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 10:03 AM PST

    I've actually been getting pretty good names lately (and a cool description too)

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 05:10 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment