• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:08 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Siegetongs - a stable running fort

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Siegetongs - Imgur

    Siegetongs is one of my most stable running forts ever with the task manager and conditions. I can basically just let it run unattended for hours until a siege, a newborn, or a strange mood pauses the fort. Other than that it just keeps operating with drinks, food, clothing production, patrols, training, paper-making, cloth making, etc. Its about 8 years old as a fort now.

    The manager/accountant is a locked in vampire, who also happens to be the mayor.

    I think I will start capturing nearby goblin pits or other sites and inhabiting them with squads. Haven't really tried that yet.

    submitted by /u/LemonWrappedBrick
    [link] [comments]

    Äs Ugithzimesh Gósmerugosh, Forgotten Beast

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:35 PM PST

    Such Noble Creatures, I'm glad he used Platinum for this statue.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:57 PM PST

    dfglobus - online 3d heightmap viewer for your DF worlds

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:18 AM PST

    Just posted this to my channel. :) It's a WEREPIG! (Did I take "twisted" too literally?) Thank you all for the kind responses to my art. I'm loving this game and all its imaginative possibilities.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:38 AM PST

    I painted a cyclops in Procreate. :) Here's the timelapse.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:42 PM PST

    Discussion regarding how to mod literal immortality

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:12 PM PST

    I was reading through some of the mods listed in a Bay12forums thread, and something that caught my eye were mods tailored to make combat more realistic (which usually revolves around making entities bleed out faster or get hurt more easily)

    So yeah, I was thinking about if the contrary could be done as of now. If it was possible to mod in a way to make a creature nigh unkillable without turning its tissues in adamantine or something like that.

    What do you guys think would work best for such case? is it even possible? Has something similar been done already? I really want to know! In any way, it's not a guarantee but I might give modding a shot one day, and this is surely something I'm willing to try lol!

    My personal take on the matter is that a creature blessed (or cursed) with the inability do die would not die from blood loss, and gradually regenerate limbs that are lost during combat or so. I personally think that for all intents and purposes the core of a being could be its heart or equivalent organ. Therefore, all regeneration would stem from the heart. I am most sure it would be hard to make limb regen in real time, so I suppose that it would, just like blood in the base game, replenish itself when the map reloads.

    So what would happen, say, if you were driven to a point where survival would be deemed impossible (for example, if your head exploded)? I think the immortal warrior would be forcibly driven to a "waiting" screen (as in pressing 'Z' and choosing to wait) for several hours, by which time the body would be good as new.

    But that's just my two cents on the matter, it could very well be that the optimal way to implement such a concept would take a vastly different route from my idea. I'm curious to hear about yours!!

    submitted by /u/Dandelidim
    [link] [comments]

    I just had a really strange crash and lost like 8 hours of fortress mode. Any ideas for a new fort?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Ugh, thats the worst.

    I retired the fortress because forget redoing that haha. Any ideas for unique goals for a new fortress?

    submitted by /u/ghostwilliz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment