• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Just a friendly reminder that ☼Dwarf Fortress streams and videos☼ are welcome here!

    Dwarf Fortress Just a friendly reminder that ☼Dwarf Fortress streams and videos☼ are welcome here!


    Just a friendly reminder that ☼Dwarf Fortress streams and videos☼ are welcome here!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:18 PM PST

    There seems to be a common misconception that they're banned here, but they are in fact officially welcomed in our rules. We do ask they follow reddit and subreddit rules, of course.

    We're well aware that stream announcements are banned on many larger gaming subreddits, and that day may come for us as well, but until then please stop reporting them as spam and downvoting them into oblivion.

    Many people do enjoy them, and very often people will come into the chat of a stream I'm watching and credit the subreddit announcement. On the rare occasions streamers and video makers have caused trouble, we've reacted swiftly, but the constant reporting if anything makes us less likely to look at content rather than just approve it.

    submitted by /u/clinodev
    [link] [comments]

    I think that my dwarf just tripped and died.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:11 AM PST

    Steam News - Dwarf Thirst Traps aka Well animations

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:08 AM PST

    I've recently discovered how to use Perfect World and now am playing in the Universes of Europa

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:54 PM PST

    Ag the walrus man against two beasts of the night

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:48 PM PST

    World generation files for maps based on real life locations (and middle earth)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 10:56 AM PST

    As promised, here's my world_gen.txt that will let you generate worlds that look like earth. As well as middle earth, because why not. You want to build moria dont you? Of course you do!In here i've put together europe. euroasia, north america, south america, middle east, india, australia, south east asia, australia, british isles and middle earth.I did my best to make the climates match and for the spread of savagery to be interesting, but compromises had to be made.

    You can make these worlds by putting my world_gen.txt in your dwarf fortress/data/init folder and then using advanced world generation. I'd fiddle with some numbers in there, mostly to add more civs and forgotten beasts and such. Do make sure to backup your own world_gen in case you made your own presets you dont want to lose.

    If anybody wants another specific location to be generated with DF, whether real or fantasy. Let me know and i'll see if i can make it work.

    Download

    submitted by /u/TheArhive
    [link] [comments]

    Troglodyte baby drowning pool

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:43 AM PST

    Endless Stockpile Tutorial <3

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 07:05 AM PST

    I also stream and play DF on YouTube!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:23 AM PST

    Noticed the pin and remembered I've been itching to play Dwarf Fortress again!

    I streamed a couple forts and have a playlist of all my DF videos here! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlxZek2EIxkmJw1JhK8yNQs4hDzD5Zfn1

    It's mostly a continuous for made for the stream, but I have some short videos on major events in my side forts I don't usually stream, like when I accidentally almost got everyone drowned.

    Hope you all enjoy the videos, I'm going to try and start up a new stream very soon--this intelligent undead stuff sounds nuts.

    submitted by /u/sirtaptap
    [link] [comments]

    Bedrooms ans such room asignements

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:15 AM PST

    [Solved] If i for an example designate an entire z-level a bedroom with multible beds, does one dwarf take the whole z level or just one bed, its kinda tedious making every bed a tiny bedroom. [Solved]

    submitted by /u/Yellow_Humper
    [link] [comments]

    My dwarf just had !FUN! with water pressure

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:23 PM PST

    My dwarf just had !FUN! with water pressure

    So i meant to dig out a stair on the side of a canyon to get to lower level of my second waterfall, and accidentally got too close to the edge of the water fall with my designation. I didnt even notice at first, until a strange message appeared:

    Logem Zukunolin MINER cancels Carve Up/Down Staircase: Dangerous terrain

    So i went to the staircase in search of my dwarf, but he seemlingly already left. All i could see was the empty starcase, now flooded on the lowest dug out level.

    The Launch Point

    So, wondering where my dwarf went, i pulled up the unit tab, and zoomed to my miner. Suddenly my camera is atop the trees, and there is my Miner.

    taking a break from the crammed fort

    Now imagine my confusion after i assigned my miner to do a task as simple as digging out a staircase, and finding him atop a tree, complaining about dangerous terrain. It took me a moment to understand what happened, but then i realized that my dwarf somehow got catapulted up into the air by the water flowing in on the tile he was standing on, going up 8 z levels, 15 levels south, and 8 levels west.

    https://preview.redd.it/s7wa0hb5i3061.jpg?width=232&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=349b53e507b80965a27eb167abce2d68fe858cc3

    What happened was that this is actually a double waterfall, and the pressure from the first waterfall was apparently enough for this truly amazing Leap. I DID plan to do some experiments regarding waterfall-pressure, but i hadnt intended to start quite this soon!

    Oh, and the dwarf is fine, he landed so softly that all that happened to him was a slight bruising of his upper arm.

    He seemingly enjoyed the whole affair

    Edit: messing the post up and fixing it again

    submitted by /u/theWurscht
    [link] [comments]

    The Elves are trying to Sell Me Some "Liquid Cloth"

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 05:25 PM PST

    Apparently my human diplomat is a prisoner as well.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:18 PM PST

    A quarter of my fortress is teenagers - ages 13 and up.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:18 PM PST

    This has led to the uncomfortable situation where I had my first child born...from a 13-year-old girl whose spouse is 16.

    I am also just now wondering if it's ethical for me to make a militia out of this fortress.

    submitted by /u/MoreDetonation
    [link] [comments]

    what the actual hell!! i think an werepanter that was atacking my fortress atacked one caravan that was in my base (i get that loot??)

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:27 PM PST

    The Moving World and Other Travesties

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:42 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment