• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 11, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I have many questions....

    Dwarf Fortress I have many questions....


    I have many questions....

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 09:45 PM PST

    The army of the powerful lament, a dwarven civilization that have conquered most part of the world in an endless war with a demon king with an unending army of goblins and undead. Hey guys, I am gonna do commissions, if you are interested text me :D

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 11:03 PM PST

    Went to check on a retired fort only to find out it had been conquered and the inhabitants completely slaughtered. Glad to see the art of propaganda is alive and well...

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Got This in The Mail!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 05:15 AM PST

    My fort is 100 years old, Reading legends before we continue (year 105 - 1005) 4+ hour stream. Will post the vod once offline.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 12:02 PM PST

    Path Finding Algorithms Demonstration

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 08:24 AM PST

    my cat is locked in eternal combat with a giant tortoise that refuses to fight back at all and hides in it's shell. I am hoping for a legendary fighter house cat soon

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:03 PM PST

    My river is filled with dead carp

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 01:34 AM PST

    My embark's shallow metals:

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 04:36 AM PST

    • Limonite
    • Hematite
    • Magnetite
    • Tetrahedrite

    Did I mention I have flux stone layer? Guess what my future economy will mostly be!

    [edit: struck native platinum. hecc yea]

    submitted by /u/ACertainSprout
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you from a new player

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 07:34 AM PST

    After a year of watching tutorials on and off i finally commited to playing this game. Yesterday i started my first fortress and in the same day i got a message that the undead had arrived. So without a military and with the only defence to my fort being a welcome mat i got killed. today i started my second fort in a serene location to learn at my own pace. But i made my dwarves sad by making meals from all my plump helms leaving them without booze. but now my farming is going strong and i am about to make my first iron bars (i think). So i wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the info on the wiki and reddit they have really helped a lot. Once i learned how to use the wiki i got so much work done. Like solving my first fey mood. It was a child and he made a water buffalo bone toy boat called Brolonmdtob. I hope i will have some great stories and thanks for all the stories that convinced me to give this game a go.

    If any new player wants some links to tutorials or stuff that helped me understand the game just send me a message.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Chubby2
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if Dikegang will like this statue of him.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 09:27 AM PST

    I call this: Dropping the plug

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 08:32 AM PST

    Sheriff in trouble

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:08 PM PST

    Hey ya'll, I'm kinda new to DF but I wanted to share a fun situation that just happened to me.

    Somehow, for whatever reason, my sheriff got stuck in the treetop, and I barely managed to save him before he died of dehydration by chopping down the tree. Crisis averted.

    Except a month later, the sheriff remembered how he almost died of dehydration, which made him depressed. As a cause of this depression, he stopped drinking, and some time later, died of dehydration.

    Also, left without a sheriff, I thought I'd solve a crime by convicting a mandrill that has been dead for 3 years now. Except seems that some of my dwarves didn't really like that, and have some bad feelings about it, so now I'm hoping it won't cause them to be depressed.

    God I love this game.

    submitted by /u/Sniffr0st
    [link] [comments]

    I was getting really worried about having no doctor in my fortress and then Armok smiled upon me.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    I sincerely regret taming the Giant Rhinoceros

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:28 PM PST

    I have a small test fort, just messing around with a few things. Second Summer is upon me, and a pair of Giant Rhinos walk past my outer perimeter (read: ring of cage traps). Naturally, I immediately set them for training. While that was going on, I also demolished and flooded the entire first Cavern layer to ensure they have enough moss and assorted fungi to munch on.

    A short time later and I have my first litter of fully tamed Giant Rhinoceros (at 2.4m cubic cm, a baby giant rhino is bigger than a fully-grown great white shark, lol). A few years pass and I have obtained a sufficient herd to call my own. The original pair are released back into the wild (butcher's workshop) to frolic and enjoy the jungle (the amount of edible bits from a pair of adult giant rhinos will feed my Fortress for like 5-6 years, at least).

    As my rhinos grew, a few test subjects ventured into my territory (Hydra, assorted Titans), yet none were a match for my 30 War Trained Giant Rhinoceros. Not even fully grown either, they are mere Adolescents. Eventually, a proper test presented itself. A Goblin siege arrives to test my strength; 60-odd being mostly gobbos, plus a few groups of humans and trolls. Fully armed and armored with several weapon masters among them, these monsters were not messing around.

    Rather than risk my entire herd, I send a mere 5 Giant Rhinoceros out to meet them. The resulting battle can only be described as a massacre. I think a little over half the invaders survived to run away, mostly due to my low numbers and the fact that giant rhinos move about as fast as pouring honey. I technically suffered 2 casualties; one rhino had both its' eyes slashed out, the other lost his horn and got his back-left foot chopped off. They both survived their injuries, but I opted for sending them to that great pasture in the sky (read: biscuits).

    Upon conclusion of the battle, I came to the grim realization that nothing can challenge me, or even come close. I suspect that even the mythical Zombie Giant Sperm Whale would struggle if faced against my full 30+ herd (now there's an arena test for you). The only thing that might conceivably defeat my rhino army is the Clown Car, and even then, only if some of them have instant-death AoE syndromes.

    Thus ends my tale, where all potential challenge has been taken away by my own hands, save the very end game, and even that is even money on beating in a straight fight.

    submitted by /u/Immortal-D
    [link] [comments]

    Oh Geez... Harsh Demand

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:24 PM PST

    RockPaperShotgun: Meet the 7 weirdest dwarves in the history of Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 09:54 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment