• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    ☼Fortress Friday☼

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Our weekly thread for posting interesting events without cluttering up /r/dwarffortress. Screenshots, stories, details, achievements, or other posts are all welcome here! (That includes adventure and legends mode, even if there's no fortress involved.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This is truly terrifying.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    I drew my current character I'm playing currently in adventure mode

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    [Kruggsmash] Scorchfountain Ep.17: Founding the Future

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    My first fortress is developing a lot!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    Horn Beetle Modding advice

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    I'm a relatively new DF player and I am currently hammering my settings out the way I like them. I finally got my world generation sorted and now I am trying to practice modding with the Horn Beetle from Kruggs most recent series Scorchfountain; because the creature is not behaving quite the way I want them to.

    So tonight I went over the creature tokens and revised the creature_beetle file Krugg supplies in one of the first episodes of that series. Something that I am not getting is whether or not there is an order of operations, considering that I can see that creatures can inherit tags from others. So I am not sure whether or not the creature will even work at all when I boot the game up tomorrow; are there any glaring errors in my revision?

    The main thing I did was add tokens that I felt it should of had like COMMON_DOMESTIC, BENIGN (Does that lock them to specific maps like the savage one does?), CAVE_ADAPT

    The other side project I had was make an "Alpha Male" version, and that is where I am not sure if what I wrote is legal and will work. If I do things like declare that the Great Stags have more pet value, or otherwise have differing token values will that overwrite the previous value? For instance I want the Stags to be hard to train to balance them, will the PET_EXTOIC tag clash? Is Damblock 2 too much?

    Also help me visualize a size 700 horn on this thing, I was just sort of randomly tweaking numbers and don't know if I created a monster or not. The other topic I am wondering about is POWER, if I gave the Stags POWER, does that mean beetle cults would arise? Would I damage worldgen by doing that?

    submitted by /u/Necroscourge
    [link] [comments]

    Looming Darkness VI - Jeremias' comments on Grekk/She Intends, plus a comment for the Hub.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Microphone? Check. Broadcasting? Check. *deep breath* Here we goo..

    So... I heard that hyena man and the axolotl girl are gonna beat each other to a bloody pulp. Well, mostly that cackling hyena. That's one hell of a mean hammer, looks like something a butcher might use.

    As for that admantine knife, if it cuts through metal like butter, it's gonna perforate like NOTHING. I really should invest on one of these for myself. Would be cooler than the steel my world's been using.

    I keep forgetting how long word takes to reach others. Sure, you got all this fancy broadcasting equipment here - (tapping noises) - but there's... I... It's not as common as I thought it would. I mean, your world clearly has the capability for radio technology!

    The guys from Hub 036 are really excited to hear of the tourney. I mean, people sign up from all over the world. Why can't people from other worlds join in on the fun? So they've been sending some guards and soldiers around to ask and check it out.

    I dunno what plan they've got, but some jerk of a scientist - a scholar - has taken an interest. She thinks she's gonna win this, the nutcase. Even after explaining the tournament is well underway. Even after saying "If you die in this, you die for real. Unless you get second place, then you're resurrected."

    "Second place" being a giant cluster-fuck of a battle. But no one wanted to hear *that*.

    Now she's even MORE determined. Last I saw her she was pillaging the armory. Made a mess in there too. What could she want in this?

    Back to She Intends, I'll be staying far away as per the arena advice. And you should too. If anyone needs me, I'll be busy telling everyone at the settlement that taking part in blood sport will lower your chances to living any sort of life.

    Grekk, that was his name... Sounds like he's nuts for his favorite. I was surprised that he wasn't cut down immediately by a professional like that McGladiator chap. Got some fight in him for sure!

    She Intends - props for a concise self-explanatory name - got her stab on. So I'm fully expecting to wake up to see "perforated by admantine knife" as a cause of death for the poor sods facing Her.

    Adrinna? She fucking won against a trained paladin. Seasoned managers round here say the first few fights are rough for any gladiator. If she'd lived to the third round, she'd be a damned sight.

    So... you know what? Once the tourney is open next year I'll just let that nutcase of a scholar enter. If anything else, we've got TWO nutcases in this arena now by the looks of it, they can handle themselves.

    Sure a scholar is good for other things. Writing books, doing research, hell, teaching others! But y'all ALSO got a few scholars here...and they won for a while.

    So... I'm putting money on that scholar next year. In the meantime, there's been training for the volunteer gladiators of Hub 036. Choosing managers is tough, I tell ya.

    This has been Jeremias Brab, signing off.

    submitted by /u/Extension_Driver
    [link] [comments]

    So easy, even a child can do it!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Got this beauty from the first migration

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    First Fortress

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    First Fortress

    My first fortress, I use it to follow some tutorials and walkthroughs on the internet, now it is time to start a new one alone, but I think would be nice to have it here as a picture, just to look at it in the future.

    NOTE: No graphic packs or mods, 100% vanilla.

    https://preview.redd.it/gwrzpz3zr2e51.jpg?width=1321&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bb7004eb9e02aa227eda569709c738deb803651e

    submitted by /u/Gabrielvs2500
    [link] [comments]

    Possible steam pre-order beta

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I for one would gladly pay for a steam early access release. Whatever current progress has been made, and whenever they update, how about anyone else.

    submitted by /u/thegamerdudeabides
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment