• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress I did not properly represent an Undead Necromancer in my previous post so here is a figure painting of the Legendary Kristina Silverbranded in all her gory glory.

    Dwarf Fortress I did not properly represent an Undead Necromancer in my previous post so here is a figure painting of the Legendary Kristina Silverbranded in all her gory glory.


    I did not properly represent an Undead Necromancer in my previous post so here is a figure painting of the Legendary Kristina Silverbranded in all her gory glory.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Yeah I learned how wells work

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    So I caught a bunch of elves

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    So I caught a bunch of elves

    So I wasn't exactly prepared for an elven ambush, so I though to myself: Why not just catch them ...

    Now I have a bunch of elves trapped in these corridors and causing a lot of lag.

    Do elves starve after a while? If not, any suggestions for getting rid of them?

    elves

    submitted by /u/Skyro005
    [link] [comments]

    Extreme precision rain stress hack

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I've been annoyed by the rain in this game for a long time now. However, I do not want to turn off weather, build underground, cover every road, micro-manage, or remove all stress. Basically, I needed a very precise hack that makes the game more playable long term, above ground with rain, without eliminating all stress mechanics. That's just me, and surely some people will say "you are playing it wrong just do...".

    Well-- I finally found what I hope I've been looking for.

    What this fixes: The real problem I see with rain is that it changes your dwarves personalities over time, causing what I call "rain rage" aka your dwarf is in a constant state of rage due to being rained on. I know that dwaves who have the trait "like working outdoors" http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171185.msg8025995#msg8025995 do not get rain rage. Now recently I came upon this hack to combat harden dwarfs https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/combat-harden.lua via this excellent post https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/equn75/using_dfhack_04412r3_to_manage_stress_and/ and combining that with the knowledge of inspecting dwarves personalities http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173223.0 I was able to turn the combat harden script into "weather-harden" by changing one line:

    unit.status.current_soul.personality.combat_hardened = value

    to

    unit.status.current_soul.personality.likes_outdoors = value

    Now, I haven't tested this long term, only very quickly to see if the personality text changed and it did. But I plan on starting a new fort and editing every member as they are born or migrate (I've been playing with humans, but trust me they are the same as dwarves in regards to rain). I have every reason to believe this will cure the worst part of rain without unbalancing the rest of the game.

    Hopefully someone out there has similar play-tastes to me and will find this post useful. I have been searching and have not found this particular method outlined in detail, although the OP of the linked reddit speculates in the comments it is possible.

    submitted by /u/zennyrpg
    [link] [comments]

    Watching the simulation

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Is there a way to watch the ai play dwarf fortress? The simulation goes through thousands of lives so is there a way to just pick a fortress and watch it grow and build naturally through the years? Or is that what legends does and I haven't realized it yet?

    submitted by /u/yogoo0
    [link] [comments]

    Well, I guess that rotten raven head didn't taste so good after all

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    I got an artifact flood gate, with an image of a drowning dwarf on it... brutal!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Creatureacts of Beasts - Stream for 5+ hours vod in comments once offline.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Ah yes, always good to know the neighbors are friendly... Maybe they'll give me the pleasure of inviting them to my housewarming party; press cake perhaps!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Help w/ bluetooth

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    I'm pretty new to DF (I've been using the Lazy Mac Pack) and I regularly use Bluetooth headphones. I love the music of DF, but whenever I connect a Bluetooth headset, the music still comes out of my laptop's speakers. IK it's not a problem w/ the headphones cuz I can listen to other music on the headphones while the game music is playing. I couldn't find anything about this anywhere else so I thought this was a good place to ask.

    submitted by /u/FelixDaPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Not found data/art/curses_640x300.png

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Tried to get into the game following an installation guide, and I only encountered this issue. The only guide I could find on how to fix it just said 'Install this thing and go through a few readmes and it should work', which I absolutely do not understand, and the only other solution I could find was to change it from .png to .bmp in the ini folder, which also didn't work.

    submitted by /u/Xerkie
    [link] [comments]

    It's all good, they're only sparring

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    As my roc breeding program begins, it's best not to think about what's actually happening.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I wrote a DFHack plugin to let you set any job in the jobs screen as high priority! Now you can remove corpses from taverns in a timely manner!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Chantedfins: Episode 3 - Death and Monsters

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    After years of adventurer engineering, behold! my semi-needless alligator woman

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    Well That's Just Embarrassing

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    I never imagined I would encounter a Karen in Dwarf Fortress

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    About the Steam version

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    There's been a lot of talk about the Steam version lately, and while I really enjoy the graphical interface they've come up with, I can't help but wonder how the game will run with it?

    I've read multiple times that DF is single-threaded, which explains the not-so-great performance once your fortress gets a bit busy. My laptop struggles to maintain fps if I go with anything bigger than a 3x3 area with a different tileset. What will the performance be like once everything in the game has a sprite?

    Am I only going to be able to run this on a gaming PC? Has there been any talk about improving performance for the Steam release? I've looked but couldn't find anything.

    submitted by /u/creativiii
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment