• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress Migrant Dwarf was a Necromancer. I made him the captain of my guard. They randomly attacked another Necromancer migrant, and now my entire militia keeps killing and resurrecting the same dude.

    Dwarf Fortress Migrant Dwarf was a Necromancer. I made him the captain of my guard. They randomly attacked another Necromancer migrant, and now my entire militia keeps killing and resurrecting the same dude.


    Migrant Dwarf was a Necromancer. I made him the captain of my guard. They randomly attacked another Necromancer migrant, and now my entire militia keeps killing and resurrecting the same dude.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:33 PM PST

    Future of the Fortress 1 February 2020: "No, the necromancer migrants coming openly is definitely a bug, ha ha ha."

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Leave the poor girl alone, you bastard!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:35 AM PST

    My most valuable and coveted DF reference sheet. Artist Unknown.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:19 PM PST

    My most valuable and coveted DF reference sheet. Artist Unknown.

    Wish somebody would make an updated version of something like this.

    If somebody knows who drew this thank them for me.

    https://preview.redd.it/l3knc6kcy8e41.png?width=923&format=png&auto=webp&s=765336728086fa03184f28c55044871489b76061

    submitted by /u/LiveAndDrink
    [link] [comments]

    Found this dwarf in my starting seven. Is his Goal a new one from the patch? I don't think i've seen it before and the wiki seems not to mention it.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:32 AM PST

    BF - Under siege

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:50 PM PST

    DevLog 1 February 2020: "We've clean up some of the worldgen crashes and other issues and will do just a bit more before getting the first fixer-upper release posted."

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Playing Dwarf Fortress on My Phone

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:02 PM PST

    There seriously needs to be a cool-down for these kind of things

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    So, apparently my country has been taken over by the mafia

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:38 AM PST

    Bay 12 Games Patreon 1 February 2020: "Last rewards through February 2020!"

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Dwarf Fortress - Hilarious bug! Babies mind control their mothers!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:37 PM PST

    Any idea what this is? There's nothing on the wiki so far.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:06 PM PST

    The Bay 12 Games Report, February 1st, 2020

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:40 PM PST

    Legends Mode Drawing - Urithi Raniya, "The Thief of Subtlety"

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:21 PM PST

    Creating the Ultimate Undead

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:29 PM PST

    Greetings friends! After testing in the Arena I have decided that a particular project would be worth pursuing.

    As you are aware, the new update made it possible for necromancers to raise supernatural lieutenants. However, what I discovered in the Arena is that a single corpse can be resurrected by different necromancy strains to gain more powers.

    So a Human 1, raised as a Lieutenant by Necromancer 1, can be killed and raised by Necromancer 2 to gain a different power of Necromancer 2's thralls.

    The process also preserves vampirism and necromancy.

    Of course, all strains in the Arena are the same so the only testing I could do was by using Mummies as a different strain.

    If my theory is correct, it should be possible to collect all the original necromancy slabs, teach it to your party, and raise yourself multiple times as a super necromancer vampire zombie lieutenant.

    So, have fun!

    submitted by /u/ArduousTriangle04
    [link] [comments]

    Hello everyone I have arrived (despite the danger), I am a new(ish) YouTube attempting to gain popularity and I hope you all enjoy the streams and videos I make. Here, I bestow upon you all a story of triumph, inebriation, and bad jokes.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:56 PM PST

    Streaming the Jank Gobbo Island Fort at 1pm pst for roughly 3-4 hours.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Necromancer Bloodbath in the Arena

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:43 PM PST

    I thought it would be fun to pit about 12 necromancers against each other in the Object Testing Arena. I figured that whenever one of them died, another would raise them as a zombie, and it'd be interesting to see how that would play out.

    Well...

    Things spiraled out of control instantly. You see, necromancers love to summon "Nightmares" to fight on their side, but for some reason it seems that Nightmares have zero allegiance to the necromancers that summoned them. Even worse, whenever one of the Necromancers died, they'd be respawned as an intelligent undead, essentially coming back as another fighter. With magical abilities. Did I mention that they could still use their necromancer abilities after they got revived?

    One thing led to another, and in the end every single one of the necromancers started summoning dozens of Nightmares to fight on their side, then started raising their opponents from the dead, starting everything from square one. Also, when revived, their cooldowns seemed to refresh, so even MORE Nightmares kept spawning, until--

    Oh, did I mention that intelligent undead all have magical abilities, including the ability to rot flesh, paralyze others, cause bleeding, etc.?

    In the end, none remained. It seemed that the tidal wave of Nightmares managed to tear all of the necromancers apart at the same time, ending the cycle once and for all. All that remained were twelve horribly mutilated corpses, and inhuman blood staining all of the walls of the arena. Truly horrifying.

    Oh, and as a side note, some of the revived necromancers had no name on the units list. By "no name," I mean there was an empty space where their name was supposed to go. Probably just some weird bug, but it's worth noting.

    What's also worth noting is that the lag from all the Nightmares almost crashed the game. They might be a little broken... Just a little.

    submitted by /u/augster137
    [link] [comments]

    Retiring and unretiring

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:39 AM PST

    Excited to test out the new release in the weekend, as far as I know no working dfhack for 0.47 yet, so vanilla setup.

    Started a new fort, wanted to read the legends while playing, with my fort in it, so built the basics, retired exported and unretired. Retired in late spring, unretired in early summer. Some observations:

    I left while some crafting jobs were still in progress. These jobs were (could have known) not done. Mainly pots and goblets, not really a problem, but also brewing drinks.

    I made sure that I left with enough booze in stock, like 90, should have been enough for a few weeks for 7 dwarfs you'd think. However when I came back they drank *everything*. They are all very happy due to inebriation, I imagine they have been partying non-stop. They are all close friends now, except 1 of the 2 miners, she only has passing acquaintances. The militia commander is missing some clothes. The last plants for brewing were also gone though.

    Also, one of the last actions before retiring was to assign a bookkeeper. He finished updating the stockpile records when I left, but when I came back, he got no office. That seems more like a bug, the chair in question still was assigned to him.

    Anyway, back to building. It has been a few years since I played df. So many changes!

    submitted by /u/owreely
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment