• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 22, 2019

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My woodcutter seems to be an existentialist.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:21 AM PST

    My peasant is insane, even compared to my dwarven child who drinks vodka lite.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 06:23 PM PST

    [Kruggsmash] Splatterface, Round 1 Bout 5: Tòm vs. The Dirty Boys

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:02 AM PST

    No, I have discovered a massacre

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:36 AM PST

    Newbie making a to-do list in the aftermath of a weretapir attack.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:57 AM PST

    So after a hard winter, wherein half the fortress died because the water supply froze to ice, at the same time a dwarf in a strange mood went beserk and the body parts that I didn't know how to remove were lying around for months, my fortress was going good again.

    In comes a sudden weretapir attack. To my surprice my jeweller killed it off together with a human bard, but I can see there's blood on the floor from 5 dwarves and I am concerned they also become weretapirs.

    I really don't want to expel them, since we got through the mayhem last winter together. So:

    1: Is it for sure that only bites make them were? So I can read their log carefully and check if they got bitten, and if no bites, they're OK?

    2: TBH I am not sure I can read 25 pages of battle so carefully that I know there's no bites in there. So I am thinking to build a containment facility for them - to lock them up for a while and then see if they become were.

    If I build a separate mini fortress with a closed drawbridge as only exit, then can I be sure they stay in there? And how do I get the dwarves to get into the place so I can close them in?

    submitted by /u/Orange-of-Cthulhu
    [link] [comments]

    Interest in doing a two or three person succession fort

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:58 AM PST

    I know succession forts are kinda a dying breed now, but I've always liked using them as writing practice. From what I've seen, most of the time succession forts die out because tons of people queue up for them and lose interest while waiting for their turns, leading to the first two or three being really inspired stuff, followed by dead air. So I thought maybe it would be a good idea to pass the fort around only two or three people frequently, to keep the iron hot so to speak.

    My thoughts on documentation are pretty standard I suppose. Text and either drawings or screenshots in a well written way were how I've done it in the past (sorta like the "Losing is Fun" comic comes to mind) but if you think you can tell a compelling story with some other method, be my guest. i just want to make sure this is getting around frequently enough that we can tell some cool stories without getting bored to death waiting.

    If you're interested, leave a comment and we can chat about logistics or whatever might need to be discussed. If there's a bunch of people interested, then I dunno what I'll do. Maybe divide us up into separate groups and share with each other or something.

    submitted by /u/PseudOtis
    [link] [comments]

    Santa’s workshop

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 06:45 PM PST

    Does anyone besides me feel the urge to make a Santa-themed fort every December? You know northern tundra/glacier start, bring some reindeer along, nickname your main craftsdwarf "Kringle" or "Klaus" or something, make a bunch of toys to trade with caravans.

    submitted by /u/Uber-Huber
    [link] [comments]

    Fun biomes/site types to embark on?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2019 09:15 AM PST

    I tend to only embark on taigas and I'm looking to spice it up a bit. I have done evil embarks. Was considering an ocean one but concerned with FPS.

    submitted by /u/varenimailfile
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment