• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 26, 2022

    Dwarf Fortress Artifact finished right as the Fort was nearly wiped out by a Werewombat outbreak...

    Dwarf Fortress Artifact finished right as the Fort was nearly wiped out by a Werewombat outbreak...


    Artifact finished right as the Fort was nearly wiped out by a Werewombat outbreak...

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 08:17 PM PST

    Prayer & Social Needs: Deeply Flawed Mechanic

    Posted: 25 Feb 2022 10:00 PM PST

    NOTE: This is NOT a "please help me" inquiry for the Bi-Weekly Help Thread, it's a bug report.

    My fortress is 26 or so years old with plenty of wealth (91 million), successfully & safely entered the Circus, and most recently a population of 158 dwarves. It used to be 175, but I keep losing dwarves LITERALLY to the same thing over and over again: suicidal behavior due to negative thoughts brought on by absolutely nonsensical garbage. This is also what killed my Queen.

    Dwarves won't pray to their gods, won't socialize with their family and friends, and won't engage in whatever other stupid arbitrary personality quirks they have DESPITE THE FACT that I have FOUR ENORMOUS Temples, three of which are non-denominational to allow for all worship, an ROYAL dining hall for everyone filled with instruments and entertainers, and a massive Bedroom Like a Personal Palace bunk room where every dwarf can see each other to protect against vampire attacks and such.

    Yet my dwarves don't pursue their social needs. It's frustrating and seems like a programming oversight I figured I'd report, since I've never had a fortress go for long enough to notice just how many dwarves die to this crap.

    I'm not sure if Toady even looks at this subreddit or if anyone has a similar issue; I know there's no easy way to solve it since I've brought it up in the Help Thread in the past.

    submitted by /u/LeetMasterAce
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment