• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 28, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Bay12 suggestion on how to rework mod loading for the Steam release.

    Dwarf Fortress Bay12 suggestion on how to rework mod loading for the Steam release.


    Bay12 suggestion on how to rework mod loading for the Steam release.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 04:46 AM PST

    For the Steam release/Steam workshop, the current way of modding the raws is quite limited in many ways and Toady has said pretty much that changes will need to be made so that it can be a simple, painless process for the end user, and a bit less restrictive for the actual modders.

    To that end, u/voliol has made a suggestion on the Bay12 forums on how to go about this, and what all changes/capabilities are needed, as well as linking to a proof of concept mockup he wrote (https://github.com/voliol/DF-Modloader).

    http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179270.0

    I recommend that the modding community check out the suggestion, and to please contribute any other suggestions/advice about this you may have about what the modding community (you) needs or recommends.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Crabman
    [link] [comments]

    the End of my First real dwarf fortress adventure

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 05:26 AM PST

    So I had a adventurer I was playing with this adventurer for around 2 months now he was fully equipped and had a fair amount of help. I had the Brilliant idea of raiding a circus entrance but not alone. I hopped into my fortress mode and unretired a fort. Raised a militia and sent it to the circus entrance the same that my adventurer was going to. Back in adventure mode I actually met with the fortress's army marching to the fort and I joined them.

    We arrived at the Entrance fighting through many goblins and trolls we reached the floor the clown resided on. Then the fight begun at the end we won but my adventurer died.

    I really don't know what to say. this game is amazing.

    submitted by /u/magic_god_of_rats
    [link] [comments]

    Food in Dwarf Fortress is ridiculous

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 04:27 AM PST

    Bay12games forums wont validate my account

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Pretty much what the title implies, i applied to join the forums and got the "someone will review and approve your request" email but I haven't heard anything and i tried to make the account November 2nd, i tried a few times to log in just in case they didn't actually email back, and it never worked. I actually re-registered today with the same username and email, because it told me that this username does not exist. Which is fine im just a litte frustrated. Anyone know if theres any steps i can take so i can actually get into the forums this time?

    submitted by /u/Ok-Sport-3663
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment