• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 30, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress [Kruggsmash] Crimsontrumpets 9: The Power of Creation

    Dwarf Fortress [Kruggsmash] Crimsontrumpets 9: The Power of Creation


    [Kruggsmash] Crimsontrumpets 9: The Power of Creation

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I'm back after not playing for the last couple years. And oh man what a game this is.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Title pretty much says it but I have a story to share.

    I built my fortress and retired it to adventure around and impact the world with a character. I wanted to make an evil character that kills everyone yada yada yada. So far so good. Discovered a tomb, disturbed the sleeping human mummy. Took the skeleton to a nearby town. Apparently the skeleton decided to rise up and start attacking towns folk and then raised the dead to continue the onslaught. I obviously help the skeleton Because I am evil. Now the town is overrun with undead. Cool. Onto the next town.

    In my world the entire east coast is covered in "purple" tiles with some neutral towns in-between. I'm trying to clear out the towns and claim all of the "evil" tiles to hopefully turn this character into a potential threat when I retire them.

    Has anyone else managed to make a significant impact on their world through the use of both fortress mode and adventure mode?

    I'm hopeful that my fortress will be attacked by undead if in adventure mode I keep finding ways to create them.

    submitted by /u/BlueAvenueAcornLane
    [link] [comments]

    [Mods present] Ettin brought back as a reanimating intellidead

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    The Burial of Zasit 'Treehugger'

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    Giantess vs. Grazing animals - unexpected result

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 02:40 PM PDT

    Giantess vs. Grazing animals - unexpected result

    Hi everyone! I joined Reddit just to share this, it seemed too amusing to keep it just for myself. I hope you enjoy as I did! I'm just a newbie both to Reddit and to the game, so excuse my faults please.

    I started a new fort trying to apply what I've learned over the last 5 or so failed forts (usually to random werebeasts and lack of metals), so I was developing some sort of fancy castle gate when the Giantess Onsmost Ospluaxod Zogast Slet (Translated to Meteor SculptureStand Castle Sport using the wiki). showed up.

    This is what happened:

    I ran to set my new shiny alert and close the bridges and I did it on time, so the Giantess was locked out and started to chase some Unicorns, nevertheless she never caught them up... lol.

    I didn't wanted to keep waiting so I decided to open the Pit Bridge to give her access to the patio where I pasture some grazers (the next z-level of the wall has fortifications with a squad of marksdwarfs). The giantess eventually gave up on the unicorns and instead decided to come after a juicy rabbit, but as soon as she crossed the bridge, she passed out from over exertion!!!

    Giantess (G) vs. 2 cavy sows (c), ewe (s) and 2 rabbits (r)

    So there we go, all my grazers started to bite and kick her while my marksdwarfs missed round after round of wooden bolts. When I realized after 60 pages of combat logs that she won't get up, I dismissed the alarm and directly engaged my squad. They took a while to reach her, you know, to bash her with their crossbows as that's the most natural thing to do...

    Bashin' and shakin'

    While they arrived, the grazing animals kept on biting and chewing the unconscious giantess, and my civilian dwarfs started to gather around to my amusement (they were indeed canceling jobs that required crossing the bridge, but who cares).

    Popcorn time! That red Ñ was a Werearmadillo that took down 8 dwarfs before the gate was finished.

    So this encounter had just one casualty, even when the Giantess didn't threw a single punch. How come? A marksdwarf decided to jump into the pit before the roof was completed. Needless to say they drowned before reaching the ramps. Now I'm building an entire drainage system to drain the pit and recover the body (I already did the slab thing)...

    A self-called hero dwarf.

    The new drainage system. I still don't know how I'm going to place the floodgates and remove the wall...

    Although the game can be highly frustrating, it knows how to reward us from time to time!

    Disclaimer: This was all vanilla experience with a gorgeous tile-set and color palette, no mods or tools except Dwarf Therapist to manage jobs.

    submitted by /u/DwarfTrainer
    [link] [comments]

    Dwarf Fortress x Valheim?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    Think about it. r/Valheim is a low size, 3d procedurally generated rpg with building mechanics. It should be theoretically possible to thread their coding together into something incredibly unique.

    submitted by /u/WifiWaifo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment