• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 28, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress Blood Soaking The Stairs... And A Splattering Of Strawberry Wine. Very Arthouse, DF

    Dwarf Fortress Blood Soaking The Stairs... And A Splattering Of Strawberry Wine. Very Arthouse, DF


    Blood Soaking The Stairs... And A Splattering Of Strawberry Wine. Very Arthouse, DF

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    So I found the Vampire and beat him up. Now what?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    I spent a lot of time going through my unit list trying to catch the vampire until I just gave up and used cursecheck from DFHack on all my dwarves until I found him. I hurriedly assigned someone as captain of the guard and then convicted him, he was promptly beaten up by the captain with her bare hands and then they confiscated his food in the dining hall. I had him interrogated and the justice screen shows me he confessed. Now the name of the vampire is in between quotes "" but he's back to being free. Not sure what I should do, now that he's being taught a lesson. He won't drain people anymore of their blood or something?

    submitted by /u/TerranImperium
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the crafters!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    I have been having a hell of a time compiling dfhack for linux. It requires a working DF installation, but the installation from the debian package manager will not do (I don't want to hand-install scripts in protected folders).

    I caved and, instead of compiling, my arcane researchers pointed me to the works of one user named McArcady of the bay12 forums. He created a .deb that has everything I need, also has .rpm, appimage, and more.

    Praise the crafters! I really appreciate everything the community makes for other players

    submitted by /u/ergotofwhy
    [link] [comments]

    Blazebanner - Lady Medtobkoman

    Posted: 28 Sep 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    In the world of Namacamade, there is a very pleasant yet sparsely populated northern land named the Continent of Lashes, connected to a massive supercontinent by a small isthmus, across which the Quiet Spears, a dwarven expedition went across to reach the Point of Abating, a compact mountain range or dome in the year 180.

    On the eastern side they settled a jutting mountain valley with a fresh water source creating a small river, where they founded Blazebanner. Almost immediately after founding migrants arrived swiftly, later I learned this was due to massive war on the mainland. Among them was a haughty troublemaking girl, Medtobkoman. Her name is lost to time, and you will find out how.

    Not long after her arrival a black bear attack occurred where she was badly clawed and permanently lost control of her legs. It was a sad situation and i immediately set out to see to this dwarf's needs, assigning them a great flat nearest to the dining hall and prepared provisions and alcohol storage.

    To my surprise and relief they could still get around somehow, perhaps using their arms. I'd like to learn the mechanics for this so please let me know how it works.

    They were constantly very stressed out due to their poor attributes even before the mauling and even when taken off most tasks except most basic moving of items since they wanted to do them to be "helpful" like giving water, they also could make crafts like bone bolts and plant and mill food. A great worker despite the difficulties of mobility. She could also still perform in the temple as a dancer which was positive.

    I nicknamed them "Disabled Lady" to make Dwarf Therapist manager easier, I now regret this as I feel like it was wrong to label this character in this way. My own father is disabled and uses a wheelchair but I don't see him through that lens. She is now permanently written into this world's history with this narrow label.

    I took them off everything but crafts and basic tasks and put them in for basic training, she always wanted to practice martial arts and gained positive thoughts.

    They seemed to enjoy it and improved their condition with fewer slips into depression and tantrums. This also ensured she had good clothing as this character was very prone to casting off clothing and not replacing it despite our tremendous stores of clothes.

    She was an asset to defense through her participation in training of the women's self-defense force as one of the first recruits and later instructors.

    I accessed the justice window one time and stupidly pressed enter, her hitting someone in a tantrum was the first crime and she was convicted and beaten as a result, I don't have any law enforcement dwarves so I'm not sure why this was even enforced and uncancellable once enabled.

    After she was beaten she threw a truly epic tantrum and murdered an innocent defenseless dwarf in what looked like a premeditated attack as they were at a distance to others. At this point I reacted by sending out one of my squads to kill her, and this was accomplished by 1 dwarf who thankfully and mercifully killed her very quickly.

    She lasted 15 years there in total and it was very sad to see her go like that.

    What a "fun" mess, I feel pretty guilty about it all, but also not sure what else I should have done. I have never been so emotionally affected by any other video game or even dwarf fortress before.

    If you guys have any advice for me on how to manage similar situations in the future, I'd be very interested. I want my disabled dwarves to have quality lives.

    submitted by /u/Remikov
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment