• Breaking News

    Monday, August 30, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Quest failed successfully

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    Quest failed successfully

    So I started an adventurer just to mess around yesterday. From the gossip in the local keep, I hear about this artifact spear that somebody else wants returned to them. It is suggested that I search first in one of the local taverns.

    Entering the tavern, I quickly spot the artifact spear in the hands of some nerd elf milling around described as a "skinny commander". I go up and talk to him, trying to obtain the item peacefully but he isn't having it. Finally I try to grab it out of his hands hoping that it will just be a brawl and I don't have to kill this guy in the middle of the tavern but nope- he escalates to lethal and soon we are dueling.

    One of his buddies, a fellow elf, rushes out of the crowd to join the fight against me. I fend the both of them off with some expert axemanship. By the end of the conflict the elf with the spear was beheaded in a single stroke and his comrade was relieved of a right upper arm and leg.

    It was then that I noticed the name of the elf fighting me- it was the one who wanted his artifact back. After begging him to cease hostilities he finally did and allowed me to return his artifact. He was still a bit salty about me slaying his boss apparently.

    https://preview.redd.it/sbhym8qn4ik71.png?width=920&format=png&auto=webp&s=818bd0eef139ddd2df135552d68c2147475ca47d

    submitted by /u/Wingedwolfserpent
    [link] [comments]

    An unexpected hero .

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    As a newbie whose fortress is just a few years in and who only has access to some copper and an untrained army it shouldn't come too unexpected that as soon as an army of 40 goblins and 10 more beak dogs laid siege to my fortress I decided to wall in and wait it out .

    While I am busy working on various things I get notified that "Nikom Kiwanethlal Zobshainid Jonic" ( a human spearman doomed ghoul ) is visiting my fortress . At first I pity the poor guy...but then the fight starts . The man sends a first goblin's head flying with one punch , then pierces to death some more and their dogs with his spear...then he shield bashes others until they are no longer alive , outright grabs and shakes some and keeps on fighting like that until he murdered them all . He didn't suffer a single injury .

    I am honestly pretty impressed .

    submitted by /u/Aurelyan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment