• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 30, 2021

    Dwarf Fortress A necromancer in my world has created about 100 intelligent undead all called "cold ones". So heres my drawing of one.

    Dwarf Fortress A necromancer in my world has created about 100 intelligent undead all called "cold ones". So heres my drawing of one.


    A necromancer in my world has created about 100 intelligent undead all called "cold ones". So heres my drawing of one.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:36 AM PST

    An image of Thob Ogber, Broker of the Tradelances celebrating his 10th aniversary of the position.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 08:44 AM PST

    LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.05 (experimental, no DFHack)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:49 AM PST

    I have been playing Dwarf Fotress off and on for the better part of a decade and I feel like an idiot.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:09 PM PST

    THE NUMBER PAD CONTROLS.

    Had a number pad on every computer. Never once tried it before today. Solves every complaint I've ever had about the keyboard UI.

    submitted by /u/LovecraftInDC
    [link] [comments]

    A caravan killed an invading Were-Giraffe but got stuck inside after because of my new surface gates and two of them turned into were-giraffes, got killed again by the caravan but now half the caravan is gone spreading the virus in my world and half are stuck even if my gate is open WHAT A MESS!!!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:46 PM PST

    A caravan killed an invading Were-Giraffe but got stuck inside after because of my new surface gates and two of them turned into were-giraffes, got killed again by the caravan but now half the caravan is gone spreading the virus in my world and half are stuck even if my gate is open WHAT A MESS!!!

    At least the whole caravan's stock dropped spreaded on 4-5 tiles and all the stock I sold to them and what I didn't purchase is now there free for the taking including precious fire opal altar and gold. I must not forget to bury alive my newly infected dwarf...

    https://preview.redd.it/zrfd2jsbcfe61.png?width=1680&format=png&auto=webp&s=2eb2e37bd2782afbba9837a3944bfe7f9b1cab3a

    submitted by /u/Lordoomer6666
    [link] [comments]

    I don't have any idea how this fight started, but I think I know how it's going to go

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:43 PM PST

    [Kruggsmash] The Watchful Eyes Ep.3: Alive with the Dead

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:39 PM PST

    You do you mate.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    I'm making a screw-press with two legendary mechanisms I hope this will improve it's performances

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 08:39 PM PST

    I'm making a screw-press with two legendary mechanisms I hope this will improve it's performances

    I'm 100% sure this will be the fastest, most awesome legendary screw press ever!!!! And I can always disassemble it later to use those pretty little mechanisms on anything else, if anyone got a better suggestion for these please feel free to comment below :D

    https://preview.redd.it/pas6rtvueee61.png?width=1680&format=png&auto=webp&s=58ed040f2c18325845d1e2880e6974f8a8afa60b

    submitted by /u/Lordoomer6666
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for an extreme graphical improvement for a friend.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 07:23 PM PST

    I've been trying to get my friend into DF for awhile now, but he's someone that places value on graphics. I'm not criticizing him (ASCII graphics are an understandable line for some people), but he won't be playing it without some sort of major graphical improvement.

    So, I'm basically looking for the most detailed, pretty tileset one can find. Included with really pretty, satisfying sprites, great colors, and any other major graphical update. Basically, the closest one can get to being able to say "oh, look at this new indie game that came out on Steam this year."

    The incoming Steam graphics seem to be a decent standard to work back from.

    Any help would be appreciated! I don't know hardly anything about tilesets and DFHack because I primarily play ASCII and vanilla. Thanks!

    Edit: The tileset used on DF Remote https://mifki.com/df/ is really nice, if anyone knows what it is.

    submitted by /u/TooPraised
    [link] [comments]

    Here I'm going to sell only the garbage among stuff crafted from giraffe and ostrich bones and only a small percentage of what I have in stock and it's still worth OVER 9000!!! This underground Zoo is really really lucrative in the long run!!!!!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:15 PM PST

    Looking for a good tileset that keeps the general vibe of ASCII graphics but improves visibility.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:03 PM PST

    I'm not a fan of anything that has detailed sprites because it takes away my ability to imagine what the characters look like. I'm not saying it's the wrong way to play (I'm completely new to this game, so I don't have any elitism), it's just not the way I like to play the game.

    So, I was wondering if anyone had some tileset recommendations. Main objective is just to improve visibility since the colors and contrast is pretty offensive to the eyes.

    I liked Kruggsmash's quite a lot!

    submitted by /u/elijahhoward
    [link] [comments]

    Arctic embark tips

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:54 PM PST

    I'm doing my first arctic embark and while I'm a pretty experienced dwarf at about 6 years plus of actually building forts I have never truly challenged myself. I try to stick to the very safe volcanic or woodland embarks. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a cavern fortress/arctic fortress. I'm pretty proficient but it seems like no matter what I do the trogs or trolls always break through my traps and I know I will need to focus on the caverns a ton in this particular run lest I have too much "fun".

    submitted by /u/andyroo97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment