• Breaking News

    Monday, May 4, 2020

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Dwarf Fortress ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼


    ☼Bi-weekly DF Questions Thread☼

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Ask about anything related to Dwarf Fortress - including the game, utilities, bugs, problems you're having, mods, etc. You will get fast and friendly responses in this thread.

    Read the sidebar before posting! It has information on a range of game packages for new players, and links to all the best tutorials and quick-start guides. If you have read it and that hasn't helped, mention that!

    You should also take five minutes to search the wiki - if tutorials or the quickstart guide can't help, it usually has the information you're after. You can find the previous questions thread here.

    If you can answer questions, please sort by new and lend a hand - linking to a helpful resource (eg wiki page) is fine.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My favourite instrument in this fort

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    I thought it would be a good idea to fill a well with a river. It overflowed.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    "Reg playing a Tårem for Olm man" -Sniper231996

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Six rodent men tried to avenge a friend that had been eviscerated by a cave crocodile. A combat ensues... and it lasts for SIX MONTHS and generates 30 pages of combat report. It also hog my fps (to 50-60)

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    What worldgen parameters do you use, and why⸮

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    If you're wondering about the character at the end, I'm using a backwards question mark, in the hopes that the automod won't remove it due to it being a question, as it wouldn't fit in the Biweekly questions thread.

    submitted by /u/BlueManedHawk
    [link] [comments]

    I made this 5 minute overview of how to manage labors aimed at absolute beginners.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Hello All!

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    I just wanted to make a post saying that I have recently (ish) learned about the existence of dwarf fortress, and immediately understood it's magnitude which was slightly/extremely frightening. My only other rpg experiences really are oblivion, skyrim and maybe a few others from when I was quite a bit younger, but none in the sandbox style. I just wanted to say this community had given me the courage to start playing! So hello everyone I look forward to learning from you and hopefully adding back to the community myself one day. Peace

    submitted by /u/68Dead73
    [link] [comments]

    Why are they like this XD

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    So I got my first zombie siege.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Here's a bit of background. I'm in charge of a squad of seven dwarves who decided to embark in an area surrounded by six necromancer towers. And for the first year, everything was going smoothly. We successfully carved out rooms for everyone and the first migrants arrived.

    Now, two out of ten of the arrivals were necromancers, which needless to say was very interesting to me. I've never had necromancer citizens. Immediately, I ordered them to join the army along with one other person who didn't seem to being doing much else. I got them all suited up with iron armor and weapons.

    Our fortress was coming along nicely as well. The construction of the top level of our fortress was almost completed, which included two layers and fortifications for crossbowman at the top. Now here is where things start to go wrong.

    A siege! Twenty four zombies arrived from the west. I immediately ordered all my dwarves to hide in the food stockpile where I locked the door. Unfortunately, a few of them, including the two necromancers couldn't get up their in time.

    However, not all is bad. The zombies haven't noticed the gaping hole in our wall and are just going around slaughtering the local wildlife. So, with haste, I ordered my dwarves to quickly fill the hole in the wall. Bad idea. As soon as my dwarves started constructing the walls, one of the zombies saw them and charged at them!

    I tried to send all of my dwarves back into the stockpile but the two necromancers were still chilling in one of the rooms and a couple of the dwarves constructing the wall were still in the upper part of the fortress... still constructing the wall. Unfortunately, the two stragglers were killed by the zombie. Everyone else was safely behind closed doors while the zombie began slaughtering the animals around the fortress.

    This is enough! Well, it's only one zombie. How hard can it be to kill? So, I ordered my three military dwarves to take down the monster. One engaged and almost immediately died without putting up much of a fight. One of my necromancers engaged and fell swiftly too, without even getting in a single hit with his battle axe!

    This is suicide. I sent the last necromancer to hide in the food stockpile with the other dwarves and he barely got in there with the zombie hot on his tail. This is very bad. Our military is almost completely gone and there's a zombie walking around our fortress without any resistance.

    After contemplating for a while, our remaining miner had an idea. He began to dig out an area above where the zombie was standing. He dug away at some of the floor so a stone fell. The rock fell through multiple layers creating holes in the ground. Eventually, it landed on the final floor where the zombie stood. We were victorious and the fortress was ours once again! I mean, we are still under siege by twenty three zombies, but the zombie is dead!

    submitted by /u/agile_talloo
    [link] [comments]

    May it never be said he was not an optimist

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Do you have a dwarf named Urist? Bonus points if they’re a mason.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    I am fleshing out the backstory for a D&D character and I need help naming their family. Bonus points for them being a mason because Urist has mason's tools and and uses his stonecunning ability often.

    I'll take all family history and full names if anyone can help me out.

    submitted by /u/Vaegeli
    [link] [comments]

    Why Sand :p

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment